Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

BLACK SUMATRAS
download.jpg
photo from my pet chicken.

Looks like all the black chicks are birchin and cockerels... Sigh 5 out of nine. Not sure of the wild type... Comb is straight like a hens and pink not getting any redder... Hoping for 4 hens.
how many cockerels can you see off hand? They are a Seramas /Silkie OEG mix. Dad is OEG. All feathered out like pullets I've had before. 4 weeks old today. Hoping for at least a pullet or two. View attachment 1224492 View attachment 1224495 View attachment 1224492 View attachment 1224495 View attachment 1224498 View attachment 1224492

I didn't see any mention of where you got her. Knowing the source might narrow it down. She looks half raven to me :lau
I got her from My Pet Chicken. She was part of a rare breed assortment I got. None of them look rare to me though haha, but what do I know.

BLACK SUMATRAS face blackens in sunlight. Mulberry face in winter months or if kept inside a coop. I bet she's a black sumatras . Beautiful bird you have.
Thank you for explaining that to me. That's great. I was wondering what type of chicken she was for awhile. My husband kept asking if she was a raven and not a chicken haha. Reading about the black Sumatra breed explains it.

Back
Top Bottom