Not sure what to do! Advice appreciated!

I also really appreciate the information about it being ok to open the incubator briefly! I have a little big giant incubator or something like that. I have two now in case the other breaks. It has the fan kit and the egg turned piece too. Do you think those are good ones?
I do not personally have experience with this brand but I have heard it is a good one.😊

This has been an amazing place to get help. I'm on my third hatch. My mom asked me to set some of her bantam Cochin eggs. I told her they wouldn't hatch because the pullet and cockerel are only 6 months old. We were wrong.
Wait, what???????!!! Two six month olds? Oh my gosh! I have two week old sillies that I know everyone will say it’s too early to tell but I am 80% certain they are both roosters…which I am not allowed to keep!! Boo!

Wait, what???????!!! Two six month olds? Oh my gosh! I have two week old sillies that I know everyone will say it’s too early to tell but I am 80% certain they are both roosters…which I am not allowed to keep!! Boo!

No way to tell silkies at two weeks unless you get them DNA tested. I speak from experience. You can post photos of them if you like but most of the time we say wait until they’re at least three months old, even four to five months old with silkies. Males will sometimes present themselves sooner than this if they have obvious cockerel signs like a large comb or start to crow!😊

Back
Top Bottom