Not sure what's wrong.

@casportpony is the tube feeding expert, she may be able to tell you how much to give at a time. Here's a thread to the tube feeding https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...res-under-construction.1064392/#post-18827506

I have not tube fed a bird so far, so can't really help with that. In the meantime, I would try to encourage her to eat with some wet mash, egg is good-you can also try tuna, chicken or meat.

As for what's wrong with her, it is hard to know without testing. Marek's can present in so many ways, not all birds have paralysis. The virus can affect the nerves in the face as well, so that could be what's going on with the eye.

Figure I would as some pictures. She was eating the yogurt and crumble when I went out there. She walks fine. I double checked her mouth. Nothing, just sticky. She is still drinking.
20180826_115703.jpg 20180826_115714.jpg 20180826_115747.jpg

As far as tube feedings go, how much would you do at once? Its says they eat about 1/3 cup per day. Would you feed her TID with a third of that amount?
Her crop is empty but she doesn't eat a lot right now to begin with. She did eat some scrambled eggs this morning.
I always start with fluids first. Give 2-3 ml per 100 grams of body weight, repeat in 60-90 minutes if the crop has cleared or mostly cleared, then once more in 2-4 hours. Once the fluids have cleared I start tubing Kaytee Exact at 2-3 ml per 100 grams of body weight and I do that 2-4 times a day.
https://lafeber.com/vet/tube-feeding-birds/

Update:
I contacted our state diagnostic lab for poultry. They want me to bring her in...of course they will euthanize her.
Over the last three days, I've been getting her water, nutri drench, and tylosin (broad spectrum antibiotic, belonging to macrolides, I realize there are better but it's all I have). She does not seem to be getting worse and her poop is no longer green. It's still watery, but tan in color. Eyes are better, but still has a mucus production in her mouth and no sores. She walks just fine, no loss of balance. Her pupils are equal and reactive. Lungs sound good and no ascites.
Would you give her a few more days or take her in. I would hate to put her down if she can make it...

Update:
I contacted our state diagnostic lab for poultry. They want me to bring her in...of course they will euthanize her.
Over the last three days, I've been getting her water, nutri drench, and tylosin (broad spectrum antibiotic, belonging to macrolides, I realize there are better but it's all I have). She does not seem to be getting worse and her poop is no longer green. It's still watery, but tan in color. Eyes are better, but still has a mucus production in her mouth and no sores. She walks just fine, no loss of balance. Her pupils are equal and reactive. Lungs sound good and no ascites.
Would you give her a few more days or take her in. I would hate to put her down if she can make it...
If you want to keep nursing her, go for it...at least you have a necropsy lined up.
Will they take her if she dies at your place...did they tell you how to preserve the body?

If you want to keep nursing her, go for it...at least you have a necropsy lined up.
Will they take her if she dies at your place...did they tell you how to preserve the body?

Yes, they will take her. I have to wash her in cold soapy water and then refrigerate her until I get her there. They are only 45 min from me, so I can drop her off pretty easily. I would just hate for her to be put down for something she may come back from.

Back
Top Bottom