1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not sure where to put this: Looking for duck eggs...to eat.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 2, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Hi. I am really wanting some duck eggs to eat. Don't care if they are fertile or not, just want them to be FRESH, of course. [​IMG] I messaged someone on here who said they had an overabundance and never heard back, so I am not sure if this question seems offensive? I really hope not, I am serious and don't know of any local source. Was thinking just whatever could fit in a flat rate box to keep the shipping reasonable and, of course, I wouldn't want to pay as much as I would for hatching eggs.....just want to see if this is something my family would be interested in eating if we decided to raise some of our own. If you would be interested in selling me some, please quote me a price.

Thanks a bunch!!!

2. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

It actually is slightly offensive.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  3. No , i dont find it offensive in anyway at all .

If i had enough duck eggs i would sell them for eating , its not no big deal. I like to use duck eggs for baking breads and cakes and etc.

Hope you find somebody that will sell you and your family some to try .

Fay

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:why is it offensive?

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i get 1-2 duck eggs a day...we dont really eat them here...not because they are bad or anything..its just we have planty of chicken eggs to eat... [​IMG] we do sometimes add them to our scrambled eggs and they really make them nice and creamy.. [​IMG] i can probably send you like 6 or so sometime this week...its not very many for your family though... [​IMG] sorry...let me know if noone else with more eggs dosent chime in here...i'll be glad to send you what we have ;o)

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Its not offensive at all !! Lots of people eat duck eggs and use them for baking . I hear they are better for baking then chicken eggs

Hope you can find some . My darn scovy hen wont lay anything [​IMG]
    or else i could help you out [​IMG]

7. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Nothing wrong with that! Heck I eat our turkey eggs all the time. We had a BB White hen that was laying last fall. Can't let good eggs go to waste, now can you? [​IMG]

An egg is an egg!

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    we eat ours! they are very tasty. they are great for everything except scrambled eggs, the texture is grainy. awesome for baking!

not offensive in anyway.

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:mine are good in scrambled!...but, i only mix in a few with my chickens eggs...it makes the eggs very creamy... so... [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. You are great as always. I had two people PM me and will probably buy from both and go on a baking frenzy. [​IMG] The kids won't complain, for sure! Plus I plan to share a few with my mom's family to try. Please, tell why it is offensive? i truly would like to know. I am pretty sure most on here eat eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by