Not sure who laid these eggs..need expert opinions

jerseygirl1

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Orange County, NY
Yippee, I got my first eggs
Anyone tell me who laid them? I have 2 barred rocks, 7 RIR's, one BO, 2 Golden Comets, one black sex link, 2 leghorns and one silkie, I have ruled out the silkie.
They are all about 20 weeks, except 4 RIR's are 1 1/2 YO. The one on the left is from one of the older RIR, it's the two smaller ones I'm not sure of. They are the size bantam egg.
Thank you!!!

34899_chickens_004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pullet eggs!!!!!

My guess would be Golden comets or BSL but it is hard to tell for sure unless you catch them in the act!!!

Congrats on your eggs!!!
woot.gif
woot.gif

My Gold Sex-link lays very dark terra-cotta-colored eggs. But I have two BSLs who have recently started, and their eggs are completely different from each other. One's is a rich reddish - brown large egg. The other is a tiny greyish-tan egg. My young Barred-Rock lays large light brown eggs. Look like your egg on the left.

I also have two SS, whose eggs look NOTHING like each other.

So, I think you really have to catch them in the act to know for sure.

Not the leghorns, those are white.

The one on the right looks like my RIR, the one on the left looks like my black star.

But yes, you'd have to catch them in the act!

I have absolutely no clue but I am happy to report that my girls' eggs have gotten noticably larger just in the 2 weeks they have been laying. I hope you experience the same!

They certainly are darling eggs tho!!!

Back
Top Bottom