Not To Good So Far

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rwwjsw, May 21, 2010.

1. rwwjsw

rwwjsw In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    Well I just started my 3rd hatch of the year not going to well so far. I had the bator full with 6 different hatch dates. I tried to put them in where I can take out chicks and put in eggs. My 1st hatch was White Leghorns and I had 2 out of 16, opened up the un-hatched and only 3 or 4 had matured the rest were not fertile. 2nd round was guineas had 12 of them no hatch opened them up none of them were fertile. Last night I was moving my next load of 8 guineas from the incubator to the hatcher and when I went in to the room I heard a chirp looked in the bator and there was a keet dodging the swinging arms of the turner. Do not know why that one was early yesterday was day 25 out of the 28 have had no others hatch yet but hay I will take them any way I can put him in the brooder with the WL and seems to be doing great so now it is a waiting game to see what the rest of them do. Still have 8 more guineas, 10 RR, and 12 quail to go started storing more quail and guinea eggs again, getting ready for the next round. Think I will hold off on any more chickens until the fall.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: