not wise to antagonize your roosters

Quote:
You make a good point. I'm certainly not meaning to say all rooster attacks are provoked by the kids. Some roosters best fulfill their destiny when a crock pot is involved. However, I have seen posts on here where the kid clearly provoked the rooster.

What I was trying to say is that roosters can be dangerous to kids, parents should protect their kids while around a rooster, and kids should not be allowed to provoke a rooster. If my rooster were to ever attack a kid, whether provoked or not, I would not necessarily blame the rooster, think the rooster was horrible, or take great pleasure in it but I would eat the rooster.

LOL I use to have a tiny white banty rooster when I was younger, I Never taunted him or anything but he just had this Naturally hate for me with a STRONG passion.
Our pen didnt have a top on it then and his wings were clipped, But EVERY time I walked out the back door he'd do this type of fly/walk up the side of the wire and run down the path to "greet" me, He'd only do this when I was outside, Never to anyone else, and after I'd run back inside he'd go back in the pen... Swear that thing was laughing at me.
Well lets just say he was to small to eat, So after I started staying in the house practically PERMANETLY, My uncle got the shot gun and walked into the path and he only ran down that path one more time.....
wink.png

Quote:
If my rooster, or any critter, attacked a kid that had it coming, I'd give him a treat. My patience and tolerance for that sort of thing is zero. When I was growing up, in addition to the Ten Commandments, there were The Three Commandments which, as far as we were concerned, were far more serious because if we broke any of them we knew the consequences would be immediate and dire. The Three Commandments were as follows:

Thou shalt never play with guns. Ever.
Thou shalt never play with matches
Thou shalt never touch the power tools without an adult present
Thou shalt never tease any animal, or get between a cow and her calf.

I don't know what we thought would happen if we broke any of the Three Commandments, (maybe God would smite us where we stood) but we never disobeyed them, ever. Or even thought about it. And if we ever got kicked, bitten, stomped on, or chased, we knew it would never be "poor snookems" it would be "what were you doing and why were you where you could get kicked, stomped, chased, or bitten in the first place? I don't remember ever formally being taught these things. I think our parents started drilling these rules into our heads before we were old enough to walk.

Er... isn't that four?

Edit: never mind, see you caught yourself
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom