Note to self: DO NOT talk to hubby

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
while he is building the coop.

...geesh...

I made mention I was hoping it would be done by now; it seems that we are going forward
and taking a step back..due to us not knowing how to really build it...that must have warmed up the pitcher...

he was talking to me about placement of nest boxes and roost...and who would
have ever thought we'd yell about that??? STRIKE ONE...

wow...he was talking about vents; I said that sounds great; but we can't have it directly
on the chickens roosts... strike two...

then talking about nest boxes... I said well I need to research I've read 1 box per 2 chickens and
1 box per 4 chickens..we have 31...-- strike three

then talking about the chicken door...I mean really?? chicken doors??? I"M OUT!~

I said ok, well I'm going back inside ... we should not be arguing over chicken coops...
and all I did was make a couple statements to what he was talking about..if he wanted a wife that
didnt talk he should have married a blow up doll...
humph...
then he threw a few tools and said a few choice words as I was walking away...

so here I am...ughhhh...
but i do love him for working so darn hard..he just wont get warm coffee to keep warm today from me..
(ok he prob will)...

I know that story very well. My hubby and I. They get frustrated we say something and look out. I love mine too. But sometimes.
smack.gif
But they probably feel that way about us sometimes too. I have a mouth and he knew it when he married me. LOL. Good luck on the coop. Sounds like you are going to need it.
wink.png

We have also argued over coop building.

He thinks he is the best wood worker, but he cuts corners and his output is mediocre... I can deal with that. I'm not looking for him to build our home, it's just a coop. But, his whole spacial-eye for how things should be is so way off, and when I try to explain things or even draw it out for him or give him examples from pictures online, he just can't "see it". Getting him to work on the coop is like pulling teeth. The last one took 3 months. This time I wasn't starting from scratch - it's an old playhouse, and I'm doing most of it. But he'll drag his feet on everything. It pisses me off! If he wanted to go dirtbike riding you bet his ass would be up before the crack of dawn and he would have packed his stuff 3 days beforehand.

I told him if he wants to stop hearing me ask him to do stuff then to get the stuff DONE. So many times I've told him to just beat it and let me do it on my own, but he won't. However, I have to watch everything he does because he'll end up doing something one way and it doesn't look like I want or what I told him to do in the first place.

Outside of this though, my husband is pretty amazing. I love him and he does a lot... but this coop building stuff sometimes makes me want to clock him upside the head with a 2x4.

Oh yeah... I completely understand. We aren't quite finished with our new coop yet.... we are both still alive and still speaking... for right now! LOL

I am totally with you sisters. My hubby is new to chickens (I am the one that does the reading & researching). He says "Honey, whatever you want, just let me know). Then he does it his way. It is frustrating. I should be glad he is as supportive as he can be - this is all so new for him - he never wanted animals of any kind, EVER!

He actually grew up on a farm too. We haven't killed each other yet, and everyday I call him from work for the "Chicken report". ha, ha.

Working on a project together is going to turn into a bad time for my DH and I, every time. It doesn't matter if it is plumbing, landscaping, barn chores or building a coop. He wants to do things his way and I want to do things my way. I built our last coop mainly by myself because I knew it would turn in to an argument. Love him to death, but can't work with him on a project at home which is funny because at work (we actually work together) we have no problems.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom