Nova Scotia, Canada. Any other East Coasters??

I dont think it will be that expensive, but even if it is, i think it would be worth it to at least take my Araucanas with me.
I tried to bring guineas over, almost $200 for the health papers. I think turkeys and peafowl are the same, chickens I believe are way cheaper though,...but I assume it may be different depending on where you're crossing the border at...your best bet would be to call and get an estimate.

Last edited:
If you're in the Maritimes or near the East Coast post here! 

I don't expect there to be many, if any!

One year after your post... Hello fellow Nova Scotian! Hopefully you're not sitting in the semi-dark two days after Hurricane Arthur waiting for the power to come back on like me :D

I'm looking for a Welsummer young cockerel (now) or rooster (in the future) and would appreciate it if you let me know if you hear of one :)

Susan (chicken newbie in Kingsport, NS)

Sure thing! Would be good to keep an eye on kijiji. This is a rooster, but it's all thats there for now

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-livestock/an...er/1001881884?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yeah, thanks! I did actually see that ad when it was first posted and emailed the person but they didn't get back to me. Perhaps they are like me and still have no power! I will give them until the end of the week then try again (just found out that our power won't be back on until Thursday... no running water either and boy do I need a shower, lol!).

I'm from River Bourgeois, Cape Breton and planning to get started with chicks/layers this spring. I don't have a car for travelling around so looking for someone close by that has chicks or pullets to get started with. I will be building a coop and run once the winter ends. We have a good sized organic garden that will lend itself well to the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom