November 15th Quilt Swap

That's funny and you got married on my B-day, so how could you possibly go wrong. You just have gotten most of your challenges done and over with.
big_smile.png
Cool. I really really like that way of looking at it, after everything we've been through it should be totally smooth sailing from here forward, excellent !

So, where can I get a hold of a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby (or similar for Jo Ann Fabric) we have both in Chattanooga (an hr away, where I plan to shop)?

Cool. I really really like that way of looking at it, after everything we've been through it should be totally smooth sailing from here forward, excellent !

So, where can I get a hold of a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby (or similar for Jo Ann Fabric) we have both in Chattanooga (an hr away, where I plan to shop)?
FeyRaine, I am about an hour from Chattanooga, wow we are so close and here is the link to the hobby lobby coupon, don't do my trick and forget to use it.
http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/coupon.cfm?email=1

If you have a smart phone both JoAnn and Hobby Lobby have an app. All you have to do is call it up. Well, I have an iphone but the apps might be available for other smart phones as well. I'm never without a coupon now.

"The Block will be the Antique Tile Block and here is the link for the block. http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AntiqueTileBlock.html
The colors are Sage Green, Pinks and Cream.
ATTENTION: This is the color placement for the blocks: Color 1 will be the Sage Green. Color 2 will be the Pinks. Color 3 will be the cream.
We will have 16 spaces, so you will need to do 16 blocks. Due date will be November 15th"

Few questions as I am so very new to this.
I would like to join but I am so new at this I haven't even picked up a rotary cutter yet. Get one hopefully this evening.
Do the colors have to be solid colors or can they have patterns?
Does all the colors have to be the same shades or even same fabric pattern?
Can different blocks have a different shade of pink then another block I made is what I am trying to say.

Last edited:
"The Block will be the Antique Tile Block and here is the link for the block. http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AntiqueTileBlock.html
The colors are Sage Green, Pinks and Cream.
ATTENTION: This is the color placement for the blocks: Color 1 will be the Sage Green. Color 2 will be the Pinks. Color 3 will be the cream.
We will have 16 spaces, so you will need to do 16 blocks. Due date will be November 15th"

Few questions as I am so very new to this.
I would like to join but I am so new at this I haven't even picked up a rotary cutter yet. Get one hopefully this evening.
Do the colors have to be solid colors or can they have patterns?
Does all the colors have to be the same shades or even same fabric pattern?
Can different blocks have a different shade of pink then another block I made is what I am trying to say.
Oh we say you are the artist as long as the colors are met have fun. So enjoy your shopping trip, I hope you decide to join let me know so I can add you so any color solid or print is up to you as long as they fall in the choices. oh and yes your blocks don't all have to be the same

Last edited:
@ cathiesue -- no iphone here , but that is a great tip for the others in the group who might have one so thanks for sharing! I'm gonna print the Hobbylobby web coupon & try to move up my shopping to the 17th so I can get the 40% off on one item though.

@lilliesanchicks -- this is a great block for a fist quilt ! Join us for all the fun :)
Also, here is an idea I'm planning -- I'm going to do the 16 blocks for the swap all identical so everyone has one the same from me, but I love this quilt plan so much & want a larger then twin finished quilt so I intend to buy some additional fabric in the colors and make some additional blocks for my own quilt w/ those, so my finished quilt will have the 16 blocks from the swap, plus the extra blocks I make myself (this in part b/c online preview shopping I've found at least 3 (peachy floral) pink fabrics I love so extra blocks for myself will be easy to do). Hope this didn't make things more confusing for you but I wanted to share the idea in case you hadn't thought of it.

@ katsdar -- howdy neighbor & btw I now have the song "Its a small world" running in a loop in my head...

& was it Redhen who posted the pic of the better scissors?
Well to who posted that, thanks I have seen those for sale but was not sure it they were worth trying. Now I have them on my list of things to get. This is one of the great things about BYC , you can get info on things , find out how other ppl have solved common problems, find out if a product is worth the money etc. I'm really glad to have joined , almost a yr ago now.

Warm fuzzies and good vibes & happy chickens & quilting to everyone :)

@ cathiesue -- no iphone here , but that is a great tip for the others in the group who might have one so thanks for sharing! I'm gonna print the Hobbylobby web coupon & try to move up my shopping to the 17th so I can get the 40% off on one item though.

@lilliesanchicks -- this is a great block for a fist quilt ! Join us for all the fun :)
Also, here is an idea I'm planning -- I'm going to do the 16 blocks for the swap all identical so everyone has one the same from me, but I love this quilt plan so much & want a larger then twin finished quilt so I intend to buy some additional fabric in the colors and make some additional blocks for my own quilt w/ those, so my finished quilt will have the 16 blocks from the swap, plus the extra blocks I make myself (this in part b/c on line preview shopping I've found at least 3 (peachy floral) pink fabrics I love so extra blocks for myself will be easy to do). Hope this didn't make things more confusing for you but I wanted to share the idea in case you hadn't thought of it.

@ katsdar -- howdy neighbor & btw I now have the song "Its a small world" running in a loop in my head...

& was it Redhen who posted the pic of the better scissors?
Well to who posted that, thanks I have seen those for sale but was not sure it they were worth trying. Now I have them on my list of things to get. This is one of the great things about BYC , you can get info on things , find out how other ppl have solved common problems, find out if a product is worth the money etc. I'm really glad to have joined , almost a yr ago now.

Warm fuzzies and good vibes & happy chickens & quilting to everyone :)
I had planned on making more as well so I could make some matching pillow cases as well. This one will be a gift for someone not sure yet who might get it ,I might make 3 more in some very fast easy to make patterns for my cousins 4 kids.
By watching youtube videos I have found Missouri star quilting CO ,it is not to far from here (couple hour drive) and they have wonderful ideas I would love to try. Not sure if I could afford those jelly rolls and stuff. But at least their ideas are free.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom