November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

I will be setting two emu eggs sometime next week once they come in the mail, but I don't know if I'll be in time for the November hatch-a-long!

Cool, I hatched a couple emus last Spring! It was amazing and I learned a lot! Not sure if I will try again next year, not sure if I can resist!

Cool, I hatched a couple emus last Spring! It was amazing and I learned a lot! Not sure if I will try again next year, not sure if I can resist!

I can't wait to finally have and hatch mine! They have such pretty eggs and I'm hoping at the least that I don't wind up with two males. Even if I do I'll love them like crazy, but it'd be amazing to have eggs like that and to sell hatching eggs

Yes. Liver laced Wyandotte are gorgeous! I bought 2 from MPC on 10/5. They are cute chicks, too!

Thank you darkbluespace. And yes, lots of fun stuff here!!
What a fun mix for November! So far, it sounds like Silkies, Easter Eggers, Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Brahmas, Swedish Ishbars, Golden Comets, Barred Rocks... and Emus!! Hatch on, BYC buddies!
highfive.gif

Yes, thanks very much @darkbluespace

It turns out that the eggs from my silkied serama hen are fertile again, surprisingly by my little silkied roo who is only 3 or so months old! I must hatch some and see what they look like! I just have two that I set on the 20th. She is a tiny laying machine though!!

I gave my eggs a quick look. 13 are developing well, 1 is clear, 1 is strange. The embryo looks like a black blob. I'll give it another week and see if it quit on me. My rooster sure is doing his job well though. Only 1 out of 15 infertile. And some were in the fridge for a while, so maybe it was fertile and just didn't start because it had been too long.

I gave my eggs a quick look. 13 are developing well, 1 is clear, 1 is strange. The embryo looks like a black blob. I'll give it another week and see if it quit on me. My rooster sure is doing his job well though. Only 1 out of 15 infertile. And some were in the fridge for a while, so maybe it was fertile and just didn't start because it had been too long.

Sounds good! Pretty great really, considering some had been refrigerated!

I just set about 20 more Silkie eggs. Feeling a little nervous about hatching more, but I have been selling them all, so I am hopeful. I wouldn't mind having an army of silkies, but they do eat a lot!

I will be setting 4 eggs tomorrow in my homemade incubator just as a test. Temperature & humidity had been stable for a few days now so...gonna give it a go. Eggs are from this pair, part of a project to inject some fresh blood into my SF pen, as hatchability with my SF pair had been abysmal. 100% fertility but nothing made it to hatching last time 0/6 :-( If nothing else it'll be a fun side project.

Back
Top Bottom