November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

You are welcome :) I don't know what to say about your picky chickens, LOL! Mine are little fiends that attack anything I bring out :D This morning mine got scraps from gluten free pizza, bbq brisket, creamed corn, an apple, crusts from a gluten free PB & J, and some grilled pork. 100 heads all pecking away, LOL!

You know what you could try is getting the starter crumbles that are the least dusty and then add the Kickin Chicken. Its an oil and you add the whole container to 50 lbs of feed and mix it. It would sort of eliminate any dust - and it smells like apples which they seem to like.

A late comer to the thread but I have chook eggs due to hatch in 7 days :) First time incubator so it is all new! Out of the 24 eggs I purchased, 4 Ancona, 4 RHR and 11 pekin bantams are viable. Candled the bantam eggs for the last time tonight - nothing to see anymore as the shell is entirely filled with baby chicks.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your babies :)

Last edited:
Update on my batch... 23 of 24 eggs are veiny and growing! We have a possibility of 25 of 26 chicks hatching so far (double yokes on two) Onto day 7 at 11:30 pst. :) So excited!

A late comer to the thread but I have chook eggs due to hatch in 7 days :) First time incubator so it is all new! Out of the 24 eggs I purchased, 4 Ancona, 4 RHR and 11 pekin bantams are viable. Candled the bantam eggs for the last time tonight - nothing to see anymore as the shell is entirely filled with baby chicks.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your babies :)
welcome-byc.gif
It is fun to have new folks join..................
Keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom