November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

This is my 10th try. I have no idea why it is doubling my first line and erasing everything else. When I try to edit it looks fine then reposts the same thing. Even when I erase it.

Today's non normal but quite wonderful story.
I heard a cooing noise very close. I was thinking it was Max asking for breakfast but when I opened my eyes it was my big beautiful Sara, standing on my bed 3" from my face waiting for me to wake up. I guess I was taking too long. As soon as I opened my eyes she snuggled in. At first into my arm and then crawled up onto my chest, laid down and wiggled her head between my chin and shoulder. My dog must have let her in. She just layed there cuddling for awhile. Then decided it was time to lay an egg, jumped down and went to her nest in the laundry room. (Sara is the first sick chick I carried around my neck and my first egg layer and my head chicken) I love my chickens. I so do not want to be normal.

I have been having a lot of problems posting. I still have the original problem, not being able to click on the subscription link. If i quote anything, it all of them show up every time I rply to anything. I can quote on one thing and post it. Then quote on something else and the new one and old one show up in the reply box. SO I have to erase the one I already commented on. Sometimes it will build up until there are 10 or more I have to erase even when I am not quoting anything and just trying to post. It is so annoying. Now when I post it messing up and it takes so many tries to edit it. Over and over. ANyone else have this craziness? Any way to fix it? I have tried writing the admin people but they never reply.

We did an unofficial "end of day 4" candle last night...not all of the eggs, but a lot of them. The marans were of course tough to see into but there were some that had very obvious blood vessel development close enough to the shell for me to see. I even saw one wiggly little embryo. I think I found one that isn't doing anything, but I want to wait until the official Day 7 candle to make a decision on how to proceed there...it's one of the lightest maran eggs so I don't think that it's a case of being too dark to see, but like I said...we'll deal with that later.
Several of the wyandotte eggs appear to not be doing anything, but that was the batch that was scrambled so it wouldn't surprise me. That said, I found two with very obvious, very nice vessel development and embryo of the appropriate size, so that had me very happy. I didn't candle all of them.

I had humidity down to 35% and was pleased but then it dropped into the 20's. I added a touch of water and now it's back into the low 40's Frustrating. I think I'll try sponges instead of using the Hova wells.

This is my 10th try. I have no idea why it is doubling my first line and erasing everything else. When I try to edit it looks fine then reposts the same thing. Even when I erase it.

Today's non normal but quite wonderful story.
I heard a cooing noise very close. I was thinking it was Max asking for breakfast but when I opened my eyes it was my big beautiful Sara, standing on my bed 3" from my face waiting for me to wake up. I guess I was taking too long. As soon as I opened my eyes she snuggled in. At first into my arm and then crawled up onto my chest, laid down and wiggled her head between my chin and shoulder. My dog must have let her in. She just layed there cuddling for awhile. Then decided it was time to lay an egg, jumped down and went to her nest in the laundry room. (Sara is the first sick chick I carried around my neck and my first egg layer and my head chicken) I love my chickens. I so do not want to be normal.
sweet angel

Back
Top Bottom