November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Another baby is out, and two have pipped (including one of Renee's!). It looks like another one of Renee's stopped developing at some point, so that one will be tossed after a bit. Right now I'm focused on one of the ones that pipped. It's positioned wrong and bleeding slightly, hopefully not too much. I had to open the membrane a bit to make sure it was still alive, which it is. It can now breathe a little easier. We'll see how it does.

10 have hatched so far, 2 are pipped and zipping. 1 pipped then died, looks like after it pipped the membrane dried on it and shrink wrapped the beak :-( 2 zipped 3/4 of the way then shrink wrapped so I've cranked the humidity up and am keeping a close eye on the rest. Will probably have to help a few more along, but not quite yet.

One of Renee's hatched last night. One egg had pipped internally when I checked them before bed. The one that is upside down in the egg is still alive, but hasn't done anything yet. We'll see how it's doing later in the day.

I'm a grandma! The chickie hatched 2 1/2 days early.
1536455_1430438713840244_20118948_n.jpg

Since they are supposed to be sex linked, I assume this one is female, as she is a much more golden color than her full brother? I'll probably have to wait until she feathers out; and I'm probably completely wrong...

The new baby:

Her brother when he was little:

Back
Top Bottom