November Hatch-a-long...

Pics

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
My lone duck egg from my October hatch has emerged today!! I will be cleaning the bator tomorrow to set a batch if just ducks this time, using things I learned in my first hatch ever!

Depending on this lil guy fluffing out and looking good, I will be expecting a November 9th hatch. Fingers crossed for a hatch % as good as my chickens showed!!

Not sure what I will get but my duck ladies laying right now I believe are just my Roeun and my KC with possible dads being F/W runner or Rouen. (The new lil one today hatched out looking Rouenish).

If I didn't start this thread at the proper time or whatever, change it or move it. Didn't want to clutter the October ones since I will have a November hatch.

And the winner of the race to bust out of the Calcium Prison is a Silver Leghorn.
IMG_3999.JPG

@Compost King how long do you collect eggs for before setting?
I start collecting for the next hatch 10 day into the hatch I am on. Rarely do the early collected eggs actually make it to the incubator because I usually end up with double the amount of eggs I have the capacity for and I weed out the bad eggs which for the most part are the old eggs in the collection. A few malformed or awkward sized eggs get rejected too. With a few exceptions (like breeds I want to hatch as many as possible of) my eggs are usually a week old or less when I incubate them.

Back
Top Bottom