November Hatch-a-long...

--

I have never seen anyone get twins to successfully hatch, it would be nice to see it in this hatch a long
I have a candling addiction so, I am intrigued to report that I candled last night, day 5, and there are clearly two yolks, 2 embryos starting and 2 seperate sets of veining. Idk if I am worried or excited. Don't really want to continue them if they are most likely to die

My babies started hatching almost 2 days early. (I just realized i should probably be posting in octobers hatch along but i'm already here...)

I got 17/20
8 barred rock, 6 Langshan or mutts, 2 rir, and 1 speckled sussex.

Of the 3 that died, one had the aircell at the wrong end. I attempted to assist i made the internal pip for it. It had its feet over it's head. It never absorbed the bloodveins. I did get it out of the shell after the yolk was absorbed, but it still died.

The other 2 didn't pip internally. I think one died the day before hatch.

20191018_085545_HDR.jpg

My babies started hatching almost 2 days early. (I just realized i should probably be posting in octobers hatch along but i'm already here...)

I got 17/20
8 barred rock, 6 Langshan or mutts, 2 rir, and 1 speckled sussex.

Of the 3 that died, one had the aircell at the wrong end. I attempted to assist i made the internal pip for it. It had its feet over it's head. It never absorbed the bloodveins. I did get it out of the shell after the yolk was absorbed, but it still died.

The other 2 didn't pip internally. I think one died the day before hatch.

View attachment 1937769
Still a darn good hatch!

I have a candling addiction so, I am intrigued to report that I candled last night, day 5, and there are clearly two yolks, 2 embryos starting and 2 seperate sets of veining. Idk if I am worried or excited. Don't really want to continue them if they are most likely to die

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_100217.jpg
    IMG_20191017_100217.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 10
That is one of my twins in the egg. I know both can survive if the egg is large enough, I've seen several people hatch them but they did need assistance coming out. I didn't mean to put a double yolker in, but now I don't want to stop them because they're thriving. They both move and wiggle when I candle the egg.
Good luck with the twins...

Back
Top Bottom