November hatch-a-long

Pics
I hear cheeeeeeeeppps!!!:wee:jumpy:celebrate I'll be posting pics of chicks tomorrow! It's getting late and it's cold today so I don't think momma hen will allow them to poke their heads out just yet so it's a mystery how many have hatched out of her 7 eggs, maybe more will hatch overnight! ...Im so excited for tomorrow!!!!!! I cant wait to see the little fluffballs!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG20201113154214.jpg
    IMG20201113154214.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 7
Update: two of the chicken eggs are fertile!!! Barred/sexlink EE crosses here I come! :ya
Ill try to get some pictures of the embryos come nighttime, but I candled this morning when turning the eggs! 2/6 isn't bad for a newbie rooster! The other will just get cooked and go back to the hens haha

Day two for my eggs! Blue Partridge Brahmas and at least one cross because that hen is such a good layer. I’m curious what would come out of that pairing. My humidity is a bit high 56-57 I’m trying to bring it down a bit is this going to be a concern?

Last edited:
Day two for my eggs! Blue Partridge Brahmas and are least one cross because that hen is such a good layer. I’m curious what would come out of that pairing. My humidity is a bit high 56-57 I’m trying to bring it down a bit is this going to be a concern?
Generally I like to say better too high than shrink wrap membranes, but I would suggest trying to get it down a bit. If you have a turkey bastor you can suck some water out of the water troughs at the bottom without losing too much heat, or do it when you turn them next

Day two for my eggs! Blue Partridge Brahmas and are least one cross because that hen is such a good layer. I’m curious what would come out of that pairing. My humidity is a bit high 56-57 I’m trying to bring it down a bit is this going to be a concern?

My humidity did that for a few hours once too it was so frustrating I had to take all the water out for a few days at one point! I couldn't believe it....I was like where is this humidity coming from. I just keep it on the lower end for the next day or two. That early on in the process shouldn't harm anything.

Generally I like to say better too high than shrink wrap membranes, but I would suggest trying to get it down a bit. If you have a turkey bastor you can suck some water out of the water troughs at the bottom without losing too much heat, or do it when you turn them next
Thank you!

Just had some ducklings hatch today so I put in 11 eggs (ducks won't sit) that have been collecting in the nest!
20201113_102938.jpg
20201113_102913.jpg

Attachments

• 20201113_102934.jpg
    20201113_102934.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 3
I hear cheeeeeeeeppps!!!:wee:jumpy:celebrate I'll be posting pics of chicks tomorrow! It's getting late and it's cold today so I don't think momma hen will allow them to poke their heads out just yet so it's a mystery how many have hatched out of her 7 eggs, maybe more will hatch overnight! ...Im so excited for tomorrow!!!!!! I cant wait to see the little fluffballs!!!!!

1 hatched yesterday popped it's head out today, still no sign of others hatching yet I couldn't see pipping so hope they'll come out soon or momma hen will probably leave the nest!!
IMG20201114122458.jpg

Back
Top Bottom