November Hatch -- Who's going to have late fall babies?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rozzie, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I just set 19 quail eggs -- 15 from quaillady here on the boards, plus one egg that was in the quail pen + 3 nice looking eggs from my egg bowl on the counter.

My poor Brinsea is stuffed. It's turner can only do 12 quail eggs, so I'll be hand turning this batch!

[​IMG]

(As soon as I had taken the pictures I noticed a couple of eggs were flipped with the 0 side up. I turned those over right away so I won't get mixed up at the beginning.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Just set mine today
    5 duccles
    4 serama
    2 bantam cochin
    1 standard cochin

3. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    I'll be setting Silkies, Faverolles and RIR's on Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

4. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I have 12 coturnix and 13 buttons due Wednesday and 4 Buttons due Friday. I will be setting some more eggs after my quail eggs are done. Prabably some more Mystery eggs from my mixed flock.

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Set seventeen Silkie eggs last Wednesday so should be hatching in a Nov 16-17 time frame.

6. JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom

JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    West Central WI
    I am jealous of those who can hatch year round. With our winters, young birds would have to be in the house A LOT longer than I am prepared to put up with.

The DH is considering enclosing an odd corner in the garage for raising a small brood in January, but they would have to be in the house for at least 3 weeks before they could go out there.

7. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    i set 18 eggs late oct 21. due date nov 11, veterans day heritage rir and delaweres. hope the all hatch [​IMG]

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have 4 black tailed buff Japanese eggs due to hatch Nov. 11th! I had set 7 eggs but 3 candled clear.

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:Wow your garage must be COLD! I refuse to brood chicks in the house. But 3 weeks isn't too bad in your situation- small price to pay for eggs next summer!!!! That is nice of your DH.

But, I'm a little nervous about my eggs that are due Nov. 11th. I may have to rethink my "refuse to brood chicks in the house." [​IMG]

10. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    Mine are due thursday or Friday. Looks like 19 viable eggs out of 24 set. BA rooster over BA, RIR, BR and GSL's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by