Now that the Black Widow is Gone, Let Me Introduce Myself!

weebug

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 9, 2010
Middle Neck
First of all Thank you all for coming so quickly to my aid in eliminating the Black Widow spider! It is now gone! WOOHOO!

My name is Rene, I go by Weebug on the internet in Yahoo, Facebook and Pet Chicken's of Virginia. My dad started calling me Bug when I was a young child because I used to collect bugs and play with them all the time. Never spiders though! Those EYES! UGH!

Anyway, I have always wanted to raise chickens, not for food, but as lovely addtions to my garden. The fact that they give us eggs is bonus! I love growing flowers and creating bonsai. My husband and I finally bought a place in the country last summer and last spring we had a chicken coop and run built. Currently we are the proud chicken parents of a dozen nearly three month old Buckeye chickens and eight and a half month old French Pearl Guinea keets! We did a lot of research - four years worth - and decided the Buckeye chicken was the perfect breed for us. They are large, very friendly, beautiful and the roosters have been known to sound like what you would imagine a small dinosaur would sound like! How cool is that?! We also like the idea of helping to preserve an endangered breed of bird. We are considering starting a flock of Jersey Giants next year. They are not on the cirtical likst like Buckeyes but they are endangered and they are AWESOME!

I keep a blog about our adventures learning how to raise and care for chickens. I don't post daily as I am so busy building a fence, reinforcing a new brooder, raising teen daughters and a musician husband, caring for two dogs, five cats and a turtle, and working at home as a web developer. (NOT spider webs although we use a spider in our logo! LOL!). My garden has been slightly neglected this summer due to building the coop and fence and rasing the chicks and keets but it'll get better next year. At least I have enough flowers to attract the hummers and goldfinches.

One more thing. I must warn ya'll about.....

I can be pretty darn annoying because I ask a lot of questions. I want to know as much as I can and I leave no stone unturned when seeking information.

Thanks for having me as a member of this group. My friends at Pet Chickens of Virginia recommended I join here. Perhaps they are getting tired of all my questions! LOL!

Here is my blog addy: http://www.kqinfotrail.net/weebugsblog.php Also I have a facebook page for the blog at: http://www.lisp4.facebook.com/pages/For-the-Love-of-Chickens/137169316316146

Rene

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
weebug. Your Buckeyes sound great. You've certainly come to the right place to have all your chicken questions answered.

Back
Top Bottom