Now that the H1N1 Vaccine has been approved...thoughts?

I work for different emergency rooms. I used to have to work in the emergency department (or in the CDU) and was surrounded by sickly people. I never got the flu shot then, and interesting, very few of the nurses or doctors would get one either.

Now I work primarily from home so I have even less need for a flu shot, hence, I'm not about to start getting them. (and if I die from H1N1 you have my permission to yell "I told you so!" at my corpse)

I did read Dr Mercola's take on the vaccine and while it might be alarmist... it does make you think twice about it.

Mojo Chick'n :

Every day on TV we are bombarded with "commercials" advertising legal advice on how to file a claim against this or that drug company - for drugs that were approved and caused serious health problems or death.

With the speed at which this vaccine was pushed through (and my "trust" in all things stemming from Western Medicine) I think I'll pass.

meri

Just saw a commercial advertising for pregnant women and babies from 6 mos. to 18 months to be guinea pigs for this shot. NOW, if they aren't sure absolutely its safe for a regular human, why in the world would they want to inject a pregnant woman and risk injuring the fetus??? And, why would any person in their right mind take their baby in and let them be used as well???? Oh, I remember now, they are paying for you to be their guinea pig!!! NOT me. I will take my chances.​

Quote:
Just saw a commercial advertising for pregnant women and babies from 6 mos. to 18 months to be guinea pigs for this shot. NOW, if they aren't sure absolutely its safe for a regular human, why in the world would they want to inject a pregnant woman and risk injuring the fetus??? And, why would any person in their right mind take their baby in and let them be used as well???? Oh, I remember now, they are paying for you to be their guinea pig!!! NOT me. I will take my chances.

I saw that commercial last night - I thought "aren't they the most vulnerable if it goes wrong?"

roll.png

meri

I will probably get it. I get the regular flu shot every year and have absolutely no reservations about it.

I don't get the flu shot, so won't be getting this one. I would rather let my body do its own thing than be a voodoo type doll getting stuck with needles....

Quote:
The New York State Department of Health issued a decree on August 13th stating that all "direct care givers" as well as all facility employees with "contact with those direct care givers" are mandated to receive both the seasonal flu vaccine as well as the swine flu vaccine.

Enforcement is the responsibility of each health care facility.

There is no mention of the result of refusing.

Mojo Chick'n :

Every day on TV we are bombarded with "commercials" advertising legal advice on how to file a claim against this or that drug company - for drugs that were approved and caused serious health problems or death.

With the speed at which this vaccine was pushed through (and my "trust" in all things stemming from Western Medicine) I think I'll pass.

meri

Exactly, one reason I'm not so sure...why do drugs usually take years to be put on the market and yet this one was done in only months
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom