NPIP certification in Alabama...

Big identical post concerning NPIP in Texas. Here it is in a nutshell. If you intend to ship outside your state you must meet the requirements of the listed receiving state in the attachment. Weather you are NPIP in your own state doesn't mean diddly squat for other states. And also read the fine print.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190606-121826.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 27
Big identical post concerning NPIP in Texas. Here it is in a nutshell. If you intend to ship outside your state you must meet the requirements of the listed receiving state in the attachment. Weather you are NPIP in your own state doesn't mean diddly squat for other states. And also read the fine print.
Your attachment doesnt open.

Your attachment doesnt open.

Had to reformat it.

Screenshot_20190606-160848_Gallery.jpg

Being NPIP does mean diddly squat. You obtain a number that is used and a form you fill out as to quantities, type and so forth. My inspector signs a bunch of them each year for me. This is all you need. I put that form in with eggs shipped or hand it to the buyer of birds. It's not hard nor as paperwork burdensome as the list above suggest.

If you read all that fine print you'll note that what you get as NPIP participant allows you to ship to all states.

Being NPIP does mean diddly squat. You obtain a number that is used and a form you fill out as to quantities, type and so forth. My inspector signs a bunch of them each year for me. This is all you need. I put that form in with eggs shipped or hand it to the buyer of birds. It's not hard nor as paperwork burdensome as the list above suggest.

If you read all that fine print you'll note that what you get as NPIP participant allows you to ship to all states.

You can not be more wrong in your statements when it comes to interstate shipping.

First unless your inspector is a liscensed veterinarian a valid health certificate can not be issued. The number you receive is unique and identified to what level of NPIP participation you have achieved. There are several layers in NPIP certification and each NPIP participant receives a unique number that identifies which layer the participant is certified at. NPIP starts at P/T testing and more involved from there. NPIP is strictly a voluntary program.

Try to ship poultry to a state that requires P/T testing a permit from the receiving state and a health certificate from a veterinarian. It doesnt matter if your NPIP or not if you dont have a permit from the state your shipping to or a health certificate from a liscensed vet, you shipment will be returned if the postal inspector knows what hes doing.

The requirements of each state are unique. If you are conducting interstate business there are no export requirements from the state you are in but the requirements for the receiving state must be met. There is no uniformity of NPIP requirements among states.

No where in the attached file for the fifty states does it require NPIP particiapation. That's because it is a voluntary participation program. This is why NPIP is a farce. In fact P/T testing is a joke. Unlike AI, PT is a vertically transmitted disease. From hen to chick. The last reported case was in 2004. If NPIP wasnt a farce we wouldn't be going on a year without a new run of P/T antigen. As a certified Texas inspector I would need to have my expired antigen recertified.

Have it your way and make it hard on yourself.

States recognize NPIP, P/T testing. Only if a state requires AI in addition would it be a problem if the shipping state does not test for it. For example Vermont only tests for it on years it recieves federal funds to do so.

What you are attempting to say is an NPIP form of quanties, type, sex, breed and varieties with a shipper's certification number and signed by state inspector is not valid in recieving states. Somehow it does not meet requirements. This I strongly dispute.

If you send me your address I'll gladly ship you some eggs to show they not only arrive to you but you can show my documentation to your state Ag department attempting to prove I did something illegal. I assure you it's not.

The part I find glaring about your argument is poultry show are held every month around the nation. By your reasoning every breeder showing must first contact that state to obtain a permit to transport their birds to the show. My point is no they don't. They merely carry with them a copy of recent NPIP. A bill of lading if you will to legally ferry birds across multiple state lines and enter them in the show. It's almost like NPIP certification means something...

Back
Top Bottom