NPIP Certified in AR?

JFreeman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 23, 2012
Texarkana, Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
I am in Arkansas, and I want to be NPIP certified. I have some very nice Ameraucanas from a very reputable breeder, and I was told that to enter shows it would be easier to get certified rather than having every bird tested at every show. I got on to the NPIP website, but I cannot figure out who I need to contact or how, or what else I need to have/fill out, what requirements I need to follow. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

I am in Arkansas, and I want to be NPIP certified. I have some very nice Ameraucanas from a very reputable breeder, and I was told that to enter shows it would be easier to get certified rather than having every bird tested at every show. I got on to the NPIP website, but I cannot figure out who I need to contact or how, or what else I need to have/fill out, what requirements I need to follow. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.
http://alpc.arkansas.gov/programs/Pages/NPIP.aspx

At the bottom of that page is the people you can contact by email or phone.
My local states puts you on the list when someones sends a email with the subject "NPIP',
you then put your name, address, cell number and number of birds over 5 months.
You get a phone call to confirm a date to be tested, usually this can take approx. 2 months to get a test date and get your results back.

Dr. Brandon Doss
NPIP Administrator
501-907-2254
Email

Tha Ratthasombath
NPIP Office Manager
501-907-2258
Email

The office manager might be the best option to call/email at first.

Last edited:
Thank you! I will call them tomorrow.
smile.png

No problem, if you have any questions just ask.
The testing is fairly easy, my one tip is to catch and contain your birds the day they are supposed to test.
Chasing and catching the birds is the worst part of the whole process, if you can keep their coop door closed in the AM it might work just as well as caging them in a dog crate.

Back
Top Bottom