NPIP Hatchery that will sell only six chicks?

Hounddog777

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2015
NE Tennessee
Would anyone know of a hatchery that is willing to sell smaller amounts of chicks at a time, like only 6 chicks! Trying to find Rhode Island Reds, Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Easter Eggers. My wife and I are newbies and just bought a coop. We figured just start with 6. Thank you.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I would also do a google search for local breeders or post on your state's thread. You might find some birds, meet some new friends, and obtain some hands on guidance in regards to chicken keeping.

Check out Chickensforbackyards.com, I highly suggest them, I got six chicks delivered beginning of Feb.

The breeds that you are looking for are not terribly hard to find, do you have a feed store in your area? Most stores will have a chick list by now, with the breeds that are coming in and the dates.

Good luck chicken shopping!

Check out Chickensforbackyards.com, I highly suggest them, I got six chicks delivered beginning of Feb.

The breeds that you are looking for are not terribly hard to find, do you have a feed store in your area? Most stores will have a chick list by now, with the breeds that are coming in and the dates.

Good luck chicken shopping!
Thank you for the tip, plus I see I can have them vaccinated as well.

Back
Top Bottom