NPIP Participants & Breeders List

NPIP #1058, MN Hatchery Permit #10504
It took about 3-3.5 months from when all the paperwork was sent in til the time I got my official notice. Most of it was spent waiting on the state vet to come make his inspection and get his paperwork sent in.

Silkies (black, blue, splash, buff, and white)
Bantam Faverolles
Super African Geese (brown, white)
Exhibition Rouens
Muscovies (chocolate)
Calls (white, snowy)
Mallards (grey, snowy)
Peafowl
Guineas

NPIP # 63-298 TN. Took about 2 weeks. Super nice vet showed up and did it all in one afternoon. $25.00. No mess, no hassle, and the vet was not bad to look at either.
wink.png

Have BR, WR, BO, EE, & BCM!

NH NPIP but i can't figure out where my number should be on the form or my little business card that came with the state paperwork.
i do see an accession #10-2329. i was certified on 3/31/10.

i have bantam salmon and blue salmon faverolles, along with one girl who is mahogany.
and a trio of bantam cochins-mixed colored roo (brassy back?) over a white frizzle hen and a black hen. this group will have some additions of blue, buff, red frizzle and barred when the chicks are old enough to be tested too and added to the breeding pen.

we,
Here's a problem I have been having since being certified for T-P and AI
All these picky states, seems like all of them any more, now require you to have a valid annual State Importation Permit for that particular state, some require just T/P, some AI, some MG, some different combos, some one for one breed, but not others...etc.
The only way I have found out is for them to catch shippments and send you a nasty ol letter about it.
My problem is, how in the world is little joe blow chicken farmer, supposed to find and fully know the laws for 50 states and know to do all this?
It's rediculous to me, I always thought if you were NPIP certified, being a USDA program, you were supposed to be good to go.
But just so all you know,
ya aint!

I personally now know the following have some crazy form of state import permit requirements
MT, VA, MN, CT, NE

Curious to know if any of you know of any more to add to the list?

i believe NH has it that importing of birds and chicks you need to call the Dept of Agri to get an entry permit, and something about getting the adults a vet certificate within 30 days of entry if they are coming from further away than a border state. as for eggs, i know that they don't seem to check on that here since when i started hatching last year i didn't even know about NPIP and some of my eggs originated from non-NPIP flocks! as adults they passed the tests with no issues and the state vet didn't question me on where they all came from. i'm sure if one didn't come back clean they would have asked.

i know that my certificate allows me to travel with my birds within the New England region.

I chose to do NPIP because most states require that to LEGALLY ship eggs into their state, the eggs need to come from a pullorum-free tested flock. Since I'm doing this for a hobby, I really don't want some regulatory agency slapping a big fine on me because I didn't follow the rules. Plus, since I eventually plan to show my birds anyway, I can show my proof of testing from that year at the shows. Unfortunately, our County Fairs seem to be set up to where only FFA and 4H members can show birds
sad.png
I fell in LOVE with d'uccles and have been raising the porcelain variety for 2 years, and hope to feed my chicken addiction by developing my own 'line' of d'uccles. I've learned there's not a lot of internet active d'uccle breeders out there!

I really have mixed feelings about the NPIP program. The birds have to be 4 months old in MO in order to have a big enough wing vein to give a blood sample for the test. I will say, that NPIP requirements are helpful in eliminating impulse egg and chick buys. LOTS of hatching eggs I've passed up because of me being NPIP and not wanting to lose my certification. Pullorum is a nasty disease that can kill chicks in the shell which is why they want to prevent an outbreak. According to my state Rep, Cases are rare, mostly false positives. But if Pullorum really broke out again, as a result of people NOT being aware that they are shipping eggs from their infected flock all over the US, it would suck for the rest of us to suffer when our flocks get infected and DIE or have to be incinerated. The NPIP program is supposed to track shipments so that if there is an outbreak, they can find out where it came from. Unfortunately, there's not much point of tracking the people who are already tested pullorum free- in my opinion. I also think that it impairs free trade and cuts down on preserving breeds if you can't just order whatever eggs you want, from whomever you want. I think that if there is ever a true pullorum outbreak, people both NPIP and non-NPIP will most likely lose their chickens to the disease or to the incinerator. I think NPIP testing should be free nation wide which would get more people tested. and not limit NPIP status to those who's state's do it for free or those who can afford it. FREE TESTING FOR ALL!

Back
Top Bottom