NPIP Testing in Maryland

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
I followed the link from Crunchie's Signature to the Maryland site. I contacted them regarding a couple of things.

1 - I want to be able to sell my eggs at Farmer's Market.
2 - NPIP Certification to put people at eaze when selling chicks.

The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and basically said at this point with all of the State cut backs, they don't have the man power to test nor enforce. And that many of the regulations have been let go. But if I wanted to continue, he gave me the name of a couple of folks that are certified to test my birds.

Question - I did not know that NPIP testing was re-occuring every 90 days. I guess it makes sense though. The gentlemen said that they need to do 30 of each type (Duck, Geese, Chickens, etc). The gentleman said that with budget cut backs in Maryland they themselves only test animals that are suspected of having issues (Respitory problems). He said that they are pushing all of the healthy animal test business to individuals who have been trained to do the testing and that each of them charge their own fees. For those of you who have had the testing done, did you have to pay and how much?

Baltimore County here.

County says I need to have more than 1 acre.
No further regulations provided chickens are not a commericial operation.

Back
Top Bottom