NR360 temperature accuracy experiences

Heres the table so far, feel free to request which column your X goes into, otherwise I'll just put it into a column that seems fit. I'm very excited for the results!
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.25.29 PM.png

The X over the "Trusted Gauge, hatch went well" column is for the friend I borrow the incubator from. If you don't specify a column, I'll put the hatch rate were seems fit.
Of course, answers will vary depending on whether eggs were shipped or not.
Hmmm, that could actually sway results.
Aright, please specify if your eggs were shipped or not. I'll have a separate but equivalent table for shipped and picked up/out of the coop eggs.

Ps. I know that the inaccurate boxes have the same degrees in every box. I will change the amount of degrees in each inaccurate box as results and data comes in.

I also think their should be a box for, " Guage is accurate", if anyone got a reading with a calibrated thermometer, that was the same as the built in one on the bator, so I'll add that as well. You'll see that option in updated pictures.

Last edited:
The Nr 360 had some issues/problems with the fan scalping the chicks. That issue did get resolved quite some time ago. (by supplier/manufacturer)
Another slight problem was, chicks getting their toes stuck in the grate openings. An easy solution was some non-skid shelf liner on bottom.
I did read about the fan issue, though also read that shortly after they put a fan cover on it.
I am using a Shelf liner in mine regardless, just because I feel its softer, and probably more comfortable for them if they have to be in there for a bit while other hatch.

I have read some of your threads, and know you really want to have a successful hatch. :hugs
Just wanted to suggest as I have suggested to others. Checking accuracy of an electronic thermometer is easily done with a Drug Store people thermometer. The range is at the correct level. People fever thermometers are quite accurate.
I know that the Old skool thermometers are much replaced with the New skool electronic ones.
The older type can be place whole inside incubator, and can be viewed without pushing a button to light up.
1620284001497.png

BTW, I purposely spell Skool, instead of School.:old:gig

Mine doesn't have any extra things in it, but I get good enough hatches using the built in models that I think it's close enough
Thank you for the tag!

My experience is great with the NR360 even without an additional thermometer or gauge. My last hatch had 90% hatch rate, even with a power outage.
Thank you! I'll add both of these to the "trusted gauge, hatch went well column". I appreciate your participation! :D

Hard to find sometimes, but Walmart does carry one non-electronic.
View attachment 2652526
I have read some of your threads, and know you really want to have a successful hatch. :hugs
Just wanted to suggest as I have suggested to others. Checking accuracy of an electronic thermometer is easily done with a Drug Store people thermometer. The range is at the correct level. People fever thermometers are quite accurate.
I know that the Old skool thermometers are much replaced with the New skool electronic ones.
The older type can be place whole inside incubator, and can be viewed without pushing a button to light up.
View attachment 2652519
BTW, I purposely spell Skool, instead of School.:old:gig
Thank you so much! I really appreciate this! I wish I would have know when we went to town yesterday to pick up eggs, as we easily could have picked it up. Of course, thats always how it goes right. ;) Thats alright though, I'll see if Amazon has anything. :) Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom