NR360 temperature accuracy experiences

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys!
I wanted to reach out to anyone who has hatched with the NR360, trying to get statistics on the accuracy of the temperature control. I have a calibrated humidity gauge in there, and the built in humidity gauge seems to be pretty spot on, as its usually the same reading or a degree difference from my calibrated one.
I've had troubles getting a correct calibration with my additional thermometer though, so wanted to see what others experiences were.
The question I really want answers to is- How many of you have had a successful hatch with this bator, without an addition calibrated thermometer, trusting the built in gauge?
Those of you who used the bator with an additional calibrated thermometer, showing how off the gauge was please share your findings, and how successful the hatch was. I'll make a table, showing people stats for different findings for how "off" or inaccurate the built in gauge is, based on an additional calibrated thermometer inside the Bator, and a column for people who have had success with trusting the built in gauge.

My backstory-
I'm trying to hatch 9 Calico Cochin bantams eggs in this bator. My last hatched failed, and I have switched the bator and am using local eggs this time rather then shipped, so am hoping for better results. I wanted my own NR, but they seem to be out of stock right now, so I borrowed one from a friend of mine. We both set eggs on the same day, and she got a 50% hatch rate from local eggs, which doesn't seem ideal to me since they weren't shipped. Though my last hatch rate was 0%, so much better then nothing.
The friend of mine who used this bator last, that I "hatched-A-long with", didn't use an extra calibrated thermometer or humidity gauge, and got a 50% hatch rate while trusting the gauge. I'm really concerned about my calibration findings for my extra thermometer, since I got different results both times I calibrated, and I calibrated the same way each time. So I'm about to ditch the extra thermometer and trust the gauge. Especially since last time I used this calibrated thermometer, I got a 0% hatch rate. I have no idea if the was the cause or not though.
So, please share your findings on the accuracy of the built in thermometer in the Nurture Right 360 incubator. I'm very excited to see the results, and will post screen shots of the table as it grows. I think it will be interesting and helpful data for others as well. Thanks in advance!

Just got a NR360 4 weeks ago (did a staggered hatch and had some hatch last week and have more hatching right now). I used a calibrated thermometer on it, and the built in gauge was spot on! Both the calibrated thermometer and the built in thermometer were reading 99.5 degrees.

The chicks that hatched last week were shipped White Legbars and Marans (the breeder mentioned her Legbars didn't ship well). Started with 9 fertile Legbars, 3 hatched. Started with 3 fertile marans, 2 hatched. I consider that a good hatch rate for eggs that came from the east coast.

Next batch did much better (local Cream Legbars and Welsummers). The CLBs were a day ahead of the Welsummers, and hatched yesterday at day 21. Got 6/8 to hatch. The Welsummers are hatching right now, again at exactly day 21.

Very long way of saying I'm impressed with how accurate the incubator controls are! I definitely trust the controls and I'm happy with the hatch rates!

Even though I do not hatch, or own a NR360, I still like to follow your findings here. I read a lot about the NR360, and think it is a great incubator. The Nr 360 had some issues/problems with the fan scalping the chicks. That issue did get resolved quite some time ago. (by supplier/manufacturer)
Another slight problem was, chicks getting their toes stuck in the grate openings. An easy solution was some non-skid shelf liner on bottom.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Another way to know if your temperatures are good is if they hatch right on day 21.
If they hatch a day early or two, you need to decrease the temperature a bit.
If they hatch a day or more late, you need to increase the temperature a bit.
I used back up what I think are calibrated thermometers, but this is extra insurance. ;)

Another way to know if your temperatures are good is if they hatch right on day 21.
If they hatch a day early or two, you need to decrease the temperature a bit.
If they hatch a day or more late, you need to increase the temperature a bit.
I used back up what I think are calibrated thermometers, but this is extra insurance. ;)
Thank you! Duh, why didn't I think if this. On my last hatch with Bantam Cochin eggs, I did get one chick. I also posted about her in a few threads, she was my baby. 💕 I called it a failed hatch though, because she died two days after hatching.
Point is, she hatched on day 19, 2 days early. When I calibrated my extra gauge, It ready 34 degrees, so I had the temp at 101 for most of the hatch, occasionally spiking to 102. So, I should drop is some since she hatched so early. I currently have the built in gauge set at 100 degrees, but I may just drop it down to 99.5. Thanks again!

Just got a NR360 4 weeks ago (did a staggered hatch and had some hatch last week and have more hatching right now). I used a calibrated thermometer on it, and the built in gauge was spot on! Both the calibrated thermometer and the built in thermometer were reading 99.5 degrees.

The chicks that hatched last week were shipped White Legbars and Marans (the breeder mentioned her Legbars didn't ship well). Started with 9 fertile Legbars, 3 hatched. Started with 3 fertile marans, 2 hatched. I consider that a good hatch rate for eggs that came from the east coast.

Next batch did much better (local Cream Legbars and Welsummers). The CLBs were a day ahead of the Welsummers, and hatched yesterday at day 21. Got 6/8 to hatch. The Welsummers are hatching right now, again at exactly day 21.

Very long way of saying I'm impressed with how accurate the incubator controls are! I definitely trust the controls and I'm happy with the hatch rates!
Thank you! Adding this to the chart! This is great info!

I have the nr360 and just trust the machine, had a 95% success rate the first go round, have bresse eggs in it now and everything looks great so far. These are shipped so I'm not expecting as high of a hatch rate so I'll know more on Friday when I candle them @Weeg
Awesome! Thank you! Adding to the chart now!

I’m currently in lockdown with my first hatch in new NR. I have an analog therm/hydro and a Govee in there. The NR temp is about 1 degree lower than the display. For chicken eggs I have it set at 100.5 since day one and it has been all over the place but maxing out at 100 with an average of 98.8. The analog temp agrees with the Govee. I was thinking about turning it up .5 but I think I should just stay the course. Nonetheless, my display and setting is off. I’ll update with hatch rate when the time comes. Few days (hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom