NR360 temperature accuracy experiences

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys!
I wanted to reach out to anyone who has hatched with the NR360, trying to get statistics on the accuracy of the temperature control. I have a calibrated humidity gauge in there, and the built in humidity gauge seems to be pretty spot on, as its usually the same reading or a degree difference from my calibrated one.
I've had troubles getting a correct calibration with my additional thermometer though, so wanted to see what others experiences were.
The question I really want answers to is- How many of you have had a successful hatch with this bator, without an addition calibrated thermometer, trusting the built in gauge?
Those of you who used the bator with an additional calibrated thermometer, showing how off the gauge was please share your findings, and how successful the hatch was. I'll make a table, showing people stats for different findings for how "off" or inaccurate the built in gauge is, based on an additional calibrated thermometer inside the Bator, and a column for people who have had success with trusting the built in gauge.

My backstory-
I'm trying to hatch 9 Calico Cochin bantams eggs in this bator. My last hatched failed, and I have switched the bator and am using local eggs this time rather then shipped, so am hoping for better results. I wanted my own NR, but they seem to be out of stock right now, so I borrowed one from a friend of mine. We both set eggs on the same day, and she got a 50% hatch rate from local eggs, which doesn't seem ideal to me since they weren't shipped. Though my last hatch rate was 0%, so much better then nothing.
The friend of mine who used this bator last, that I "hatched-A-long with", didn't use an extra calibrated thermometer or humidity gauge, and got a 50% hatch rate while trusting the gauge. I'm really concerned about my calibration findings for my extra thermometer, since I got different results both times I calibrated, and I calibrated the same way each time. So I'm about to ditch the extra thermometer and trust the gauge. Especially since last time I used this calibrated thermometer, I got a 0% hatch rate. I have no idea if the was the cause or not though.
So, please share your findings on the accuracy of the built in thermometer in the Nurture Right 360 incubator. I'm very excited to see the results, and will post screen shots of the table as it grows. I think it will be interesting and helpful data for others as well. Thanks in advance!

Heres the table so far, feel free to request which column your X goes into, otherwise I'll just put it into a column that seems fit. I'm very excited for the results!
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.25.29 PM.png

The X over the "Trusted Gauge, hatch went well" column is for the friend I borrow the incubator from. If you don't specify a column, I'll put the hatch rate were seems fit.
Of course, answers will vary depending on whether eggs were shipped or not.
Hmmm, that could actually sway results.
Aright, please specify if your eggs were shipped or not. I'll have a separate but equivalent table for shipped and picked up/out of the coop eggs.

Ps. I know that the inaccurate boxes have the same degrees in every box. I will change the amount of degrees in each inaccurate box as results and data comes in.

I also think their should be a box for, " Guage is accurate", if anyone got a reading with a calibrated thermometer, that was the same as the built in one on the bator, so I'll add that as well. You'll see that option in updated pictures.

Last edited:
Even though I do not hatch, or own a NR360, I still like to follow your findings here. I read a lot about the NR360, and think it is a great incubator. The Nr 360 had some issues/problems with the fan scalping the chicks. That issue did get resolved quite some time ago. (by supplier/manufacturer)
Another slight problem was, chicks getting their toes stuck in the grate openings. An easy solution was some non-skid shelf liner on bottom.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

The Nr 360 had some issues/problems with the fan scalping the chicks. That issue did get resolved quite some time ago. (by supplier/manufacturer)
Another slight problem was, chicks getting their toes stuck in the grate openings. An easy solution was some non-skid shelf liner on bottom.
I did read about the fan issue, though also read that shortly after they put a fan cover on it.
I am using a Shelf liner in mine regardless, just because I feel its softer, and probably more comfortable for them if they have to be in there for a bit while other hatch.

I have read some of your threads, and know you really want to have a successful hatch. :hugs
Just wanted to suggest as I have suggested to others. Checking accuracy of an electronic thermometer is easily done with a Drug Store people thermometer. The range is at the correct level. People fever thermometers are quite accurate.
I know that the Old skool thermometers are much replaced with the New skool electronic ones.
The older type can be place whole inside incubator, and can be viewed without pushing a button to light up.
1620284001497.png

BTW, I purposely spell Skool, instead of School.:old:gig

Another way to know if your temperatures are good is if they hatch right on day 21.
If they hatch a day early or two, you need to decrease the temperature a bit.
If they hatch a day or more late, you need to increase the temperature a bit.
I used back up what I think are calibrated thermometers, but this is extra insurance. ;)

Back
Top Bottom