NR360 temperature accuracy experiences

My NR360's hydrometer started to malfunction. I set some goose eggs, and I added the same amount of water as my previous hatches, but the humidity was/is higher than usual. So, I bought a Govee thermometer/hygrometer and it is showing the humidity the same humidity as before.
I have a Gove as well. I like them since you can check the temp/humidity from your phone. So odd it started to malfunction, good thing you go its under control. I'll definitely take note of that somewhere in my data chart. Thanks for the info!

I have a Gove as well. I like them since you can check the temp/humidity from your phone. So odd it started to malfunction, good thing you go its under control. I'll definitely take note of that somewhere in my data chart. Thanks for the info!
You're welcome! Yes, it's very odd. What Govee do you use?

I’ve been having poor hatches in my NR360. I’ve been using it since May of last year with a break for winter- probably 10ish hatches total. I use it for quail mostly.
My hygrometer is off by about 20%, reading high. I’ve got two hygrometer/thermometer combos inside. The thermostat is off as well... I had it on 99.5 and had 10 out of 44 eggs hatch... got the thermometers and realized it was only 96 degrees in parts (close to the sides). I upped the temp for the next hatch but it still wasn’t great, so I’m still adjusting. The thermometer under the fan reads around 97.5, the one about halfway between middle and edge reads 100.3. Thermostat is currently set at 102. 😑 I’ve also got an Incuview that I’m much happier with right now.

I’ve been having poor hatches in my NR360. I’ve been using it since May of last year with a break for winter- probably 10ish hatches total. I use it for quail mostly.
My hygrometer is off by about 20%, reading high. I’ve got two hygrometer/thermometer combos inside. The thermostat is off as well... I had it on 99.5 and had 10 out of 44 eggs hatch... got the thermometers and realized it was only 96 degrees in parts (close to the sides). I upped the temp for the next hatch but it still wasn’t great, so I’m still adjusting. The thermometer under the fan reads around 97.5, the one about halfway between middle and edge reads 100.3. Thermostat is currently set at 102. 😑 I’ve also got an Incuview that I’m much happier with right now.
Oh gosh I almsot forgot about this thread! Glad I remembered. Thanks everyone who added data, I'll upload the most recent photo of the chart. Feel free to keep adding data anyone who sees this, I'd love to fill the chart more.
@LadyLaurelin, should I put your tally over the "hatch failed" section of the chart? Or the newly added "temp was off" and "humidity was off" sections? I could do both as well. Whatever you think is most fitting. :) Thanks for posting this info!

Here is the most recent photo the the chart. If anyone else wants to add to it feel free!
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 11.46.38 AM.png

Oh gosh I almsot forgot about this thread! Glad I remembered. Thanks everyone who added data, I'll upload the most recent photo of the chart. Feel free to keep adding data anyone who sees this, I'd love to fill the chart more.
@LadyLaurelin, should I put your tally over the "hatch failed" section of the chart? Or the newly added "temp was off" and "humidity was off" sections? I could do both as well. Whatever you think is most fitting. :) Thanks for posting this info!
I think the "temp was off" and "humidity was off" sections fit better, because I was able to get a decent hatch but had to rely on other instruments to measure, not the ones on the NR360.

It's still my favorite bater to use for quail, because I got a 3D printed turner on Etsy that fits the eggs perfectly, and I modified the top to come off insead of at the bottom, so I can scoop them out safely now.

A control thermometer(s) can only roughly show you where you at before making your first hatch. You need fine tune set temperature further in following hatches:

if your hatch is late, increase the set temperature next hatch
if your hatch is late, decrease the set temperature next hatch
if you don't have uniform temp throughout incubator:
1) used forced air incubator (or add fan to one you have)
2) add foam insulation to outside of it
3) find a warmer ambient temperature room

I think the "temp was off" and "humidity was off" sections fit better, because I was able to get a decent hatch but had to rely on other instruments to measure, not the ones on the NR360.

It's still my favorite bater to use for quail, because I got a 3D printed turner on Etsy that fits the eggs perfectly, and I modified the top to come off insead of at the bottom, so I can scoop them out safely now.
Awesome! Thank you! I'll add that and update the photo.

I’m currently in lockdown with my first hatch in new NR. I have an analog therm/hydro and a Govee in there. The NR temp is about 1 degree lower than the display. For chicken eggs I have it set at 100.5 since day one and it has been all over the place but maxing out at 100 with an average of 98.8. The analog temp agrees with the Govee. I was thinking about turning it up .5 but I think I should just stay the course. Nonetheless, my display and setting is off. I’ll update with hatch rate when the time comes. Few days (hopefully)

I’m currently in lockdown with my first hatch in new NR. I have an analog therm/hydro and a Govee in there. The NR temp is about 1 degree lower than the display. For chicken eggs I have it set at 100.5 since day one and it has been all over the place but maxing out at 100 with an average of 98.8. The analog temp agrees with the Govee. I was thinking about turning it up .5 but I think I should just stay the course. Nonetheless, my display and setting is off. I’ll update with hatch rate when the time comes. Few days (hopefully)
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom