NR360 temperature accuracy experiences

Mine doesn't have any extra things in it, but I get good enough hatches using the built in models that I think it's close enough
Thank you for the tag!

My experience is great with the NR360 even without an additional thermometer or gauge. My last hatch had 90% hatch rate, even with a power outage.
Thank you! I'll add both of these to the "trusted gauge, hatch went well column". I appreciate your participation! :D

Hard to find sometimes, but Walmart does carry one non-electronic.
View attachment 2652526
I have read some of your threads, and know you really want to have a successful hatch. :hugs
Just wanted to suggest as I have suggested to others. Checking accuracy of an electronic thermometer is easily done with a Drug Store people thermometer. The range is at the correct level. People fever thermometers are quite accurate.
I know that the Old skool thermometers are much replaced with the New skool electronic ones.
The older type can be place whole inside incubator, and can be viewed without pushing a button to light up.
View attachment 2652519
BTW, I purposely spell Skool, instead of School.:old:gig
Thank you so much! I really appreciate this! I wish I would have know when we went to town yesterday to pick up eggs, as we easily could have picked it up. Of course, thats always how it goes right. ;) Thats alright though, I'll see if Amazon has anything. :) Thanks again!

Another way to know if your temperatures are good is if they hatch right on day 21.
If they hatch a day early or two, you need to decrease the temperature a bit.
If they hatch a day or more late, you need to increase the temperature a bit.
I used back up what I think are calibrated thermometers, but this is extra insurance. ;)
Thank you! Duh, why didn't I think if this. On my last hatch with Bantam Cochin eggs, I did get one chick. I also posted about her in a few threads, she was my baby. đź’• I called it a failed hatch though, because she died two days after hatching.
Point is, she hatched on day 19, 2 days early. When I calibrated my extra gauge, It ready 34 degrees, so I had the temp at 101 for most of the hatch, occasionally spiking to 102. So, I should drop is some since she hatched so early. I currently have the built in gauge set at 100 degrees, but I may just drop it down to 99.5. Thanks again!

Just got a NR360 4 weeks ago (did a staggered hatch and had some hatch last week and have more hatching right now). I used a calibrated thermometer on it, and the built in gauge was spot on! Both the calibrated thermometer and the built in thermometer were reading 99.5 degrees.

The chicks that hatched last week were shipped White Legbars and Marans (the breeder mentioned her Legbars didn't ship well). Started with 9 fertile Legbars, 3 hatched. Started with 3 fertile marans, 2 hatched. I consider that a good hatch rate for eggs that came from the east coast.

Next batch did much better (local Cream Legbars and Welsummers). The CLBs were a day ahead of the Welsummers, and hatched yesterday at day 21. Got 6/8 to hatch. The Welsummers are hatching right now, again at exactly day 21.

Very long way of saying I'm impressed with how accurate the incubator controls are! I definitely trust the controls and I'm happy with the hatch rates!

Just got a NR360 4 weeks ago (did a staggered hatch and had some hatch last week and have more hatching right now). I used a calibrated thermometer on it, and the built in gauge was spot on! Both the calibrated thermometer and the built in thermometer were reading 99.5 degrees.

The chicks that hatched last week were shipped White Legbars and Marans (the breeder mentioned her Legbars didn't ship well). Started with 9 fertile Legbars, 3 hatched. Started with 3 fertile marans, 2 hatched. I consider that a good hatch rate for eggs that came from the east coast.

Next batch did much better (local Cream Legbars and Welsummers). The CLBs were a day ahead of the Welsummers, and hatched yesterday at day 21. Got 6/8 to hatch. The Welsummers are hatching right now, again at exactly day 21.

Very long way of saying I'm impressed with how accurate the incubator controls are! I definitely trust the controls and I'm happy with the hatch rates!
Thank you! Adding this to the chart! This is great info!

I have the nr360 and just trust the machine, had a 95% success rate the first go round, have bresse eggs in it now and everything looks great so far. These are shipped so I'm not expecting as high of a hatch rate so I'll know more on Friday when I candle them @Weeg
Awesome! Thank you! Adding to the chart now!

My NR360's hydrometer started to malfunction. I set some goose eggs, and I added the same amount of water as my previous hatches, but the humidity was/is higher than usual. So, I bought a Govee thermometer/hygrometer and it is showing the humidity the same humidity as before.

Back
Top Bottom