Nugget's Chicks@ Two Days Old (PICS-NEW in Post #23)

What beautiful pics, momma and babies!!!
jumpy.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So beautiful I am so happy she waited till spring and went. Those chicks are going to be beautiful I hope they are girls so Panda can have some brothers and sisters.

Oh, now I want one of my girls to go broody even though I don't need any more chickens.

They are so sweet and Nugget looks so calm and motherly.

She looks like my buff orpington that's raising babies right now, too! My buffy girl Millie is the first broody I've ever had; she hatched some eggs of her own (and a few of her sister's), and readily accepted the OEGB babies and silkie babies I hatched (also MY first broody!!!
big_smile.png
) inside. She's taking care of 13 -- 8 BO/BO or RIR/BO, 3 Silkies, and 2 OEGB BBred bantams. I have her separated from the other chickens & guineas in a large wire holding pen wrapped in aviary net, but one of the original 3 BBred babies slipped through even the tiny space (1/2 " squares) of the net and has disappeared. I fear it has been dispatched by one of the nosy and aggressive guineas.
sad.png
They snatched one of the first of her 4 babies, which is why I put them in the wire pen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom