Nurture Right Lockdown Humidity

CorrieAnn235

Hatching
Mar 21, 2023
I'm in the process of hatching my first set of 3 Silkie eggs and was candling them on day 18 for lockdown and one had already pipped! I removed the turner, increased humidity and added a cut piece very thin tea towel on the bottom. The farm that I got the eggs from recommended a drawer liner or towel and I didn't have the liner. I filled both reservoirs and couldn't get the humidity over 48% but the temp was perfect. Checked once in the middle of the night and it was at 49% despite both reservoirs being full & temp 99.5. This morning I removed the towel liner and the humidity climbed to 62% where it should be! The towel prevented the heat from the top to properly contact the water below the eggs. Long story short it was a lesson learned and would say to other beginners to not use anything except for a tray liner (that has holes) on the bottom of the Nurture Right 360. I do hope the tiny pip isn't affected. Sadly I have seen no change in that pip and it has been 12 hours. :( The temp remained at 99.5% the entire time but the water underneath was cool. Anyone else experience a humidity drop? Also I should note that the one that pipped is the tiniest Silkie egg of all 3. Thank you for any thoughts.

Last edited:
Thank you! The first tiniest Silkie egg pipped on day 18 and then hatched 24 hours later on day 19. I'm still waiting for the other two to hatch!
IMG_5823.jpg

Thank you... I was looking for the same info... One pipped then 2, 3 and 4, but nothing from any of them and a fifth pipped, zipped and is out in less than 3 hours! I was extremely worried about how long it takes from one stage to the next! Should I leave the little in all the way up to 48 hours?
I love that we can all come here for reference! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom