Nurture Right not getting above 37 celsius

Did you calibrate your secondary thermometer?

Where is the secondary thermometer placed?
If it's rotating around the incubator with the turner, then fluctuations are to be expected and won't be detrimental to the hatch. That's one of the perks to having a turner that goes all the way around the incubator. It will make up for hot and cold spots.

Do you have the incubator placed somewhere with consistent temps and not in front of a window or anything that would alter the temps?

Even with reliable brands, there will always be "lemons". So if you just purchased the incubator and you find that it's due to the incubator and not because of something environmental or faulty secondary thermometer, then I would exchange it or contact the manufacturer.
Yes it is rotating around the incubator, it just seems like extreme fluctuations to me for hot and cold spots. Doesn’t seem like more than a half or a full degree Fahrenheit should be happening inside the same unit. But I am hoping you guys are right and it won’t impact hatch. The swings are outside of the acceptable highs and lows ranges or right near them. It’s pretty unnerving. These thermometers all read identical to one another at room temp. So it’s definitely the unit itself. I don’t think it’s a lemon, I think these are just trash units lol I would never buy one after this experience.

I have a Govee thermometer/hygrometer in mine so it keeps track on my phone for temps. I will post up my fluctuations from my last hatch (from hot/cold spots) I would have lows in the high 97's and highs up to 100.5 I had a 100% hatch rate. My ave temps were about 99.3 (it shows the ave as well) which was the best I could get to 99.5. As I said it was a 100% hatch rate of fertilized eggs. Some were shipped, some from my chickens and some I hatch for another guy. It really is a great incubator. since it rotates them so often those spots don't harm it at all. a broody doesn't sit 24/7 with out getting up. She will lift up and rotate the eggs which then cools the air around them, get off the nest to go eat, drink, hang out etc. mine stand up and shift around in the nest. So they give fluctuating temps as well.

Back
Top Bottom