Nutri-Drench and new babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by madimorg, Jul 16, 2010.

1. madimorg

madimorg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    Central Ohio
    My babies are due to arrive this coming week through My Pet Chicken. I bought a bottle of Poultry Nutri-Drench for them since I've read that it's good after shipping. My question is this... should I put this in the water and just let them drink it or should I just put a wee bit on each beak? Not really sure what to do with it. The directions say 4oz per gallon of water but I've seen on here where some people are just doing drops on a beak. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. empireranch

empireranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    I used this product after picking up chicks from the local feed store (they had just arrived from the hatchery via the US postal service, so they were pretty tired). I diluted it in their water - the dosage amounts are on the bottle - I calculated down as I wasn't using a gallon of water i.e. 1 fluid oz per quart - that was for the first few days. There is a chart on the bottle that has the amounts to give based on the age of the chicks; I would like to know if anyone keeps their chickens on the maintenance dose? All my chicks are still alive and thriving - 3 weeks later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by