NY chicken lover!!!!

Gramma Chick,

the nesting box scenario was hilarious, as was your commentary!
pop.gif
I enjoyed the "show" and am glad it had a happy ending, LOL!

TOB

Thank you ...when it happened ..I was too surprised to even laugh ...I was like did I get that in the pictures ? then I looked & I did & then I Cracked up
yesss.gif

Last edited:
Is it too comfy in the coop or run ?
Maybe mine are more apt to come out ..because they know there is stuff to do under the deck ..like dust bathe ..or eat dirt .in their second home .

They dust bathe under my coop, too. First place they go. They were covered in dirt this afternoon! lol Once they did discover the outside again, they spent ALL DAY out there.

Just a quick drop in.

I was in the book store and picked this up. www.albc-usa.org/documents/cookingheritagechicken.pdf I haven't look at it yet but the ALBC has this. It's about cooking heritage chickens. Heritage breeds need to be cooked differently than store bought chicken. Which of course I knew since our first attempt at roasting two birds came out bad. The legs didn't cook long enough since there is less breast meat.

Anyhow hope it peaks someones interest too.

Take care,

Rancher

Oh and a quick question. Anyone have Hollands? The article said they are hard to find.

Anyone close to me that might happen to have one or two new born chicks available? I had only one egg hatch out of a very small batch... its not doing that great, seems to have a weak leg! I just put the poor baby in the brooder... giving sugar water by syringe to see if this help perk up some energy.. I think it would benefit with a friend... please let me know if anyone is near by n has a chic or two... Any advise is appreciated also!!!
Ang

Anyone close to me that might happen to have one or two new born chicks available? I had only one egg hatch out of a very small batch... its not doing that great, seems to have a weak leg! I just put the poor baby in the brooder... giving sugar water by syringe to see if this help perk up some energy.. I think it would benefit with a friend... please let me know if anyone is near by n has a chic or two... Any advise is appreciated also!!!
Ang
I suggest you don't get another chick. Sounds like like your chicks has spraddle leg. If you put another chick with it, the other chick will eventually squish your chick. If you can puta hobble like bandaid on its legs, using the pad of the bandaid as a quide as to the width to keep the legs apart, you might be able to save it. Otherwise, it will eventualy not walk, & then die.
Sue

Thank u. .. it makes since not to get another chick... Its left leg doesn't have strength, its toes don't extend... although he does try they just don't work that well.. does it still sound like what u had thought?

Back
Top Bottom