NY chicken lover!!!!

I have been a ebay seller for 7 years ..People sometimes put rare in their title to get more hits ...Doesnt mean it is really rare .. It is a dishonest practice to me . I dont do it unless it IS RARE.
I have worked hard to earn Ebays Top Rated Plus Seller Seal .
There are a lot of different types of people selling on ebay ..you can read their feedback ..but you dont really know them ...or what their husbandtry is ..with chicken s .
People sell on ebay to make money . I went more full time after falling on my job ..& breaking my ankle in 3 places . It slowed me down quite a bit .. ( 6 months to recover )
I cant see any harm from buying eggs ..I would not buy chickens ! . Good Luck ! Chickens look pretty ..I Googled some !

I trust people more from here ..when it comes to chickens ...I talk to them ..listen to their replies ..how they take care of their chickens .
I love my chickens ..so I more careful about them ..than I would be about a toaster or such on Ebay or Amazon .

And Chickens are one of the few things ..that actually gets me to leave the computer ..& go outside & get fresh air ..!!!

I got rid of 2 of my heated water dishes ..One I took ..My Fermented Feed was Freezing ..LoL
1 - I sold on Ebay to someone who has chickens in Pennsylvania ..Which is what I bought them for in the 1st place ..For a Fellow Chickener s

The buyer from Penn : They have a curious practice ..Feeding Raw Hamburg to their chickens ..Does anyone else do that ?
I know people do it with dogs ..Ick !
I told them I didnt think it was a good idea . As hamburg is the easiest to be contaminated as it comes from different places & cows usually ..
I am surprised their chickens arent sick !

It was a nice Day ..My chickens Enjoyed Scratching in the Non - Snow Places ..which are appearing more & more ! Take Care Everyone !

I don't feed meat and it's just my opinion why. We've been down this road and some folks don't mind feeding weird things. To each his own I guess. I personally think some folks would frown on buying eggs from chickens that have eaten raw meat and dead things.

It is a nice day and I think it's God's way, so we have time to do a little cleaning mid winter. Anyhow that's the plan here.

Last edited:
Why is it that we women always end up finding the weight our significant others lost? I vote we stop finding things for them! I'm okay with some things being lost forever!

A freind of mine had a theory on why women find things for our male counter parts. She though that are uterus acted as a radar and we just found them.....i guess that includes pounds
smile.png

Rancher, if you loose 30 pounds before your wife does, you may get the money, but you still may have to pay!!!!

Why is it that we women always end up finding the weight our significant others lost? I vote we stop finding things for them! I'm okay with some things being lost forever!

That is so untrue. I've found plenty in the last few months. Would to God I'd find dollars instead. AND I was a lettercarrier. It's really about what we eat or don't eat. There are plenty of overweight letter carriers.

Last edited:

This is just one more aticle for me to give to new egg customers. I like to print these out and hand them to new customers. I beleive there are many "supplements" commercial chicken farmers use that you and I can not or do not choose to add to our feed. Organic or other wise.

What's more these commercial chickens ONLY EAT commercial feeds. No natural forage . I don't put added chemicals on my lawn nor in my garden.

I advise people to eat as healthy AS YOU CAN. We can all afford to cut out poisons in some area of our lives. Even if it only means growing some of our food chemical free or reduced chemical free.
old.gif

Sorry for so many posts I am a bossy one for sure.
hmm.png

Look what I found in the one of my runs this morning....

Hawk found his way in, but could not get out. When I came up, he lay on his back, never took his eyes off me, waiting for me to approach. I tried to get him to go out the gate, but he wouldn't turn his back to me. I got a towel, threw it over him and picked him up to toss him out...Successfully contained his beak, but he got me with one foot. I am afraid I tossed him rather forcefully out the gate. He flew up to a nearby tree to shake out his feathers and wait for another chance. Managed to scare him off, and fix the breach in the netting. I guess he will be back someday, but that is what they do.

Guess they won't be let out to free range today :(

I'm done 11 for 20. I don't understand why some chicks start and then quit. Seems like it's to much to get out of the shell. All were marans too. 4 out of 14 eggs. Some started pipping and then just quit.

3 for 3 on the CR's, 1 for 1 on the orp, 3 for 3 on the Dels. 4 for 14 marans.

It's hard to blame the incubator when only one breed seem to have a problem hatching. I think this will be the only hatch for me, but I do hope most are pullets.

Tabs what have you got in there.

Morgans - you to far away to get another chick from me, but I suggest you brood in the house and give the chick alot of attention.
The secret to hatching Marans is to keep humidity low during incubation. I basically dry hatch, and only put water in the hatcher the last 3 days. This may not work for everyone, but its what works for me. I have better hatches with my other breeds as well.

What happens when the Marans start to pip, if they are too wet, haven't dried down enough, they end up drowing due to the excess fluid still in the shell. I killed a lot of chicks when I first tried to incubate them, then using the dry hatch method pretty much took care of it. There is nothing more frustrating to open a shell that didn't hatch & find that the chick was totally formed, pipped, or maybe not, & died. If you still have the unhatched eggs. peel off the shell where the air cell is. Move it around. if they didn't pip through the inner membrane, & you see water swishing back & forth, that means they drowned when they took their first breath. If they start to pip then quit, there is too much moisture, then the air from the outside turns the moisutre to glue, and they can't manuver in the shell fast enough to get out & then get stuck..

I always help those that seem to have pipped & then don't get anywhere for 12 hours. Its not their fault that their stuck.

That is so untrue. I've found plenty in the last few months. Would to God I'd find dollars instead. AND I was a lettercarrier. It's really about what we eat or don't eat. There are plenty of overweight letter carriers.

Actually Tim my husband and I were both letter carriers he would always loose weight eating the same foods as I did in proportionate portions.As a mater of fact, the route he does now was my route when we met. With all other things being equal, my husband simply has a higher metabolism. I think if you polled every woman on here, most would say that their male counter parts eat more(proportionality)than that of the female partner, especially as we age. Just my opinion, that's all.
big_smile.png

The secret to hatching Marans is to keep humidity low during incubation. I basically dry hatch, and only put water in the hatcher the last 3 days. This may not work for everyone, but its what works for me. I have better hatches with my other breeds as well.

What happens when the Marans start to pip, if they are too wet, haven't dried down enough, they end up drowing due to the excess fluid still in the shell. I killed a lot of chicks when I first tried to incubate them, then using the dry hatch method pretty much took care of it. There is nothing more frustrating to open a shell that didn't hatch & find that the chick was totally formed, pipped, or maybe not, & died. If you still have the unhatched eggs. peel off the shell where the air cell is. Move it around. if they didn't pip through the inner membrane, & you see water swishing back & forth, that means they drowned when they took their first breath. If they start to pip then quit, there is too much moisture, then the air from the outside turns the moisutre to glue, and they can't manuver in the shell fast enough to get out & then get stuck..

I always help those that seem to have pipped & then don't get anywhere for 12 hours. Its not their fault that their stuck.

Thanks for the advice. I will be setting eggs again, simply because I want the dark eggs and since I do I might as well try to improve this blasted color. I have a pullet that seems to show color which the others did not at this young age. So there may be hope yet.

I did help one out and thought I might have to put it down due to a leg problem but it seems to have corrected itself.

Are you done with this color or should I save a rooster for you? I expect to grow out what I hatch to see how things go.

Actually Tim my husband and I were both letter carriers he would always loose weight eating the same foods as I did in proportionate portions.As a mater of fact, the route he does now was my route when we met. With all other things being equal, my husband simply has a higher metabolism. I think if you polled every woman on here, most would say that their male counter parts eat more(proportionality)than that of the female partner, especially as we age. Just my opinion, that's all.
big_smile.png

Well I still need to lose the 30 and may have to endure Richard Simmons to do it.
lau.gif
I can't afford the Y and my knees keep me from dancing like the old days of Disco.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom