NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. vmdanielsen

vmdanielsen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    My husband is a letter carrier and this time of year he looses weight because the cold and snow. He loves lemon and I don't. The idea is for him to eat more and me eat less!! I gain the weight and he will walk around saying I lost 3 pound this week......well I found them and all i did is eat salad and cheated with a few avocados!! AAUUGGHH!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

2. Adoravachick

Adoravachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Near Cobleskill, NY
  3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Why is it that we women always end up finding the weight our significant others lost? I vote we stop finding things for them! I'm okay with some things being lost forever!

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY

There is a nice Rat Trap for weasel set up on You Tube. Works for Squirrels too. I nailed on to the tree, near a coop and no problems. Baited with Peanut butter. Caught three little ones.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I have a wager going with the kids, the first one to lose 30 pounds, wins $50 from the other three. I'm losing big time. [​IMG] Though I'm probably the only one who will pay up.

1 person likes this.
  6. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY

No, no not here. Outside, around the yard. It's so cold these days though it's hard to do, not to mention trudging through the snow. Oh what I do for my chickens.

7. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Check with the grocer and see if they can't save you greens they toss. There is some grass here as the snow melts over the snow blowed pathes. Of course the sceptic tank is warm and dry so they dust if they can. I'm considering making a sand box on top.

8. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
  9. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    It's easier said than done. After all your hard work and time, to see a chick struggle and not make it is hard. Of course it's even harder to put one down.

10. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I don't feed meat and it's just my opinion why. We've been down this road and some folks don't mind feeding weird things. To each his own I guess. I personally think some folks would frown on buying eggs from chickens that have eaten raw meat and dead things.

It is a nice day and I think it's God's way, so we have time to do a little cleaning mid winter. Anyhow that's the plan here.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by