NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well it sounds like you had an exciting day/evening. I hope you sleep well tonight after most likely saving peoples lives. The poor man might have had Al.....

It was an ad for Clairol hair dye. "If I only have one life to live, let me live it as a blonde."

Update on the chicks 2 black orp, 1 white orp/Cr cross most likely, 1 Del 1 Ee and 1 lav orp. Poss. a second EE by the nights end. Only 30 more to go. Tomorrow is day 21.

Update on the job situation. Called the company and they had tried to call me, but our phone was out. Seems they needed to phone numbers for my previous employers. They were not on the Resume I paid for. So I got that to them and my personal information. Looks like I may have a job soon. I hope I'm good for them.
  2. Lapeerian

Lapeerian Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    ChickPrincess- that is quite the night! Glad you were able to stop the man before he continued onto main road. I agree with Rancher, sounds like Alzheimer's or dementia. So sad.
    We went out to dinner for hubby's b-day tonight, right next to TSC. Unfortunately they were closed by the time we got done. Spring fever- the need to grow stuff and things of all sorts. Seed starting this week! Maybe we will need to stop at lowes Sunday, depending on the half-bathroom repaint/replace status, and I can stop over to TSC again.
    And the from scratch cake was a success. Or at least I thought so.
  3. ChickPrincess

ChickPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Canandaigua NY
    I'm pleased to say, the update on Pancake is good. It's been standing now and then and cheeping, and finally took a bit of a drink on its own off of my dd's finger. As long as it survives the night, it should be strong enough to have buddies.
    This one's a fighter!
  4. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    That's great. Let's hope it's not a rooster after all you have done for it
  5. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Sounds like Very Drunk to me ..Good you Stopped him ..You probably saved a lot of Lives

We went to TSC too today - Auburn ( Hubby & me ) had a 10% off coupon so we stocked up on layer for a couple months & Got chick feed .
    Asked about Dumor Brand Feed ...Is it their brand & who makes it for them ? Purina does - same thing in the bag..I do love those purina bags though ..
    The same thing almost happened to 2 ducks ..Their food & waters are too big for babies ..
    The top was completely over them ...She / We saw them before she put it down . thank goodness
  6. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  7. Tab's chicken obsession

Tab's chicken obsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    The Rome TSC had white leghorns yesterday so I brought home 6. When I got home DH said that I should have got more since they were straight run. Tomorrow we're thinking to send some of our older hens and male guineas to auction. Less mouths to feed and more space.
  8. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    Utica TSC had Speckled Sussex Straight run yesterday. It was sooooo hard to walk away!! But I have to many coming in April as it is. We are starting out flock with a wandotte rainbow. My Girls decided that. But if I were to get some and keep one pullet in the flock would it be left out and alone or will it integrate into the flock? ( Chicken Math I guess)
  9. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    morning all. goy my heritage rir eggs inthe mail yesterday. only 2 broken ones. i cleaned off as much yolk as possible that was on a couple others. loaded the genesis up with those 14 and 4 more silkie eggs. both bators are going so my impatient waiting continues! my cat feels the need to supervise and inspect every time i go in the room and turn eggs,

i dont dare go anywhere that has chicks cause i cant control myself!!
  10. Glasshen

Glasshen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    La Fayette, NY
    I like SS. I do have a single SS hen, her hatch buddies were another SS and an Americana, unfortunately they both were secretly Roos. The three were very close, and the hen is lovely, big, beautiful, and she stays out of trouble. She is smart and curious. She sort of stays by herself, but is not the bottom of the pecking order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by