NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Wow, life's little ironies, huh?! That stinks!! Sorry to hear. After many years of remission, I just learned my ulcerative colitis is back and I'll need to go back on medication. I am NOT pleased. Growing older definitely brings challenges, but it sure beats the alternative! [​IMG]

TOB

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    ChickPrincess, glad to hear Pancake's doing better! Also, I'm fairly sure Amberlinks are a sex link 'breed' and they're all pullets at TSC (at least they are at mine), so I'm sure you have a little girl there. Congrats!

3. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    Alan is up to six regular egg customers at work. I had wondered why the basket is mysteriously emptying itself on a regular basis. [​IMG]

Heaven help me, I want to go to TSC to pick up scratch feed, as I have a $50 gift card I was given as a gift by some of my colleagues at my old job. I will not buy chicks. I will not buy chicks. I will not buy chicks. I will not buy ducklings either.

4. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    (OK back with some chicks! quick question Do Speckled Sussex chicks come in Mostly Yellow? I thought they were all chipmunk colored. Well we got 4 Chipmunk and 2 yellow's I will post picks after we stop being mesmerized be them. (CAN'T STOP WATCHING CHICKS) in zombie voice.

5. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York

6. Lapeerian

Lapeerian Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    From scratch. Also known as I didn't use a box. Or a can of frosting.

7. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    it was 2:30 pm and I somehow found myself done with my planned chores. So I killed 2 roosters and currently have water warming. Numbers 17 and 18 freezer bound since Thanksgiving.[​IMG]

8. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't even have a place to put anyone yet, and I'm sorely tempted. So I can't imagine the will power it would take to resist. I never wanted chicks, but I keep reading everyone's threads and I'm dying. [​IMG]

I am NOT a patient person. Having to wait another month for chickens is torture.

TOB

9. ChickPrincess

ChickPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Canandaigua NY
    My Godbabies are here! My Godbabies are here! [​IMG]
    Yes! You are right... found that out this morning. So, yes, Pancake is a she and so are the other two freebies I inherited this morning from the TSC hospital box in the backroom.
    I also brought home 12 red sex links, which Pancake has fit right in with. The other two are in a hospital tank here at home but should recover fine. They were both picked on. One has a wound under the wing about the size of a dime and the other has a wound, more on her back, a little bigger than a quarter. I'll treat them with Nustock, but I expect they will recover fully.
    I'll probably bring the red sex links into school Monday for the 1st graders to enjoy for the day.

10. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    OK here is my lack of self control.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Talked to TSC and someone who knew what they were doing told me the yellow ones were red sex links in the wrong bin. I just hope I get 1 pullet from the Speckled Sussex though. Wanted 1 out of 6 now odds down to 1 out of 4.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by