NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Are you new? Did I miss your entrance? If so [​IMG]

2. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    Your birds are great - it would be worth the road trip!

3. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    Oh, and I did NOT buy chicks at TSC.

I bought six Khaki Campbell ducklings instead.

They have a very bad habit of happening to have the exact breed I want when I go in there. I'll stick with local chicks from my peeps here, though! These are little sweeties - much more laid back than my Rouens were as ducklings.

[​IMG]

4. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    Ducks are the best. I'm avoiding TSC like the plague. Last year I had good self control. I'm not chancing it this year [​IMG]. They are adorable! Baby duckers [​IMG]

5. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Whew! What a night.. I had to bring a rooster over to the auction tonight.. So I managed to get him in my poultry crate, but he was so agitated I thought he might cause trouble with the hens I was transporting.. So decided to stick him in a cat carrier instead and accidentally lost hold of him... So DH and I ran around in the woods for half an hour trying to catch a loudly protesting rooster (who is a fraidy cat - if he were mean and tried to attack us maybe we could catch him!). We finally got him herded back to his coop, through the electric fence and put a few of his ladies out so he could find his way home.. then snagged him after he roosted - at which time he screamed like a banshee. My neighbors must love me!!! :p

6. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    I am kind of new and thank you. I went to TSC yesterday and walked out with a lamp and a thermometer. Woke up today and ended up with this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had the girls when I left the house so there is no confusion. Don't call the cops. LOL

7. Lapeerian

Lapeerian Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Went to Lowe's tonight, with a quick visit to TSC first. [​IMG] Had 2 tanks red sex links, 1 tank of Amber links, tank full of White Leghorn, some bantams and a few Khaki Campbell duckies. They get the chicks from Mt Healthy. And the White Leghorn were all pullets, they were going to put them on sale tomorrow because they are starting to fly and jump. I couldn't place what breed the bantams were - dark legs/beak and underlying skin, white fuzz. I thought maybe silkie, but had clean legs and normal # of toes. Mt Healthy site doesn't list what breed of bantams they carry. Looks like there are some knowledgeable folks in this TSC, as they had one Leghorn chick alone in a tank. She was getting picked on badly, can see where her wing feathers were being plucked. Both wings were sprayed with blu-kote and they were keeping her separate till morning. Chick tanks were very full. But I resisted, hubby just left me there to watch chick tv as he wandered about the store.

8. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York

9. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York

10. dragonlord483

dragonlord483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    perrysburg new York