NY chicken lover!!!!

Hehe, yea we probably all are
wink.png
Yep We are all Crazy about something ...With most of us here I think it is crazy about chickens ..

I had a scare last night ...Kind of my own fault .
I changed the babies dog cage location ...off the back deck where they have been ....put it in the baby coop ..
I went out to rake more leaves from the neighbors...came back at dark ..couldnt find one of my four ..babies .
2 were on the deck shelf 1 was on the table .
checked everywhere I could think it could be ..put the three away ...Continued to look for it ..
I started Making baby sounds ..it answered me ...
It was in this cubby on top of the little frig ( a space about 3 inches high ..
It was so close it couldnt even stand up ...
I had to stick a board in there to get it out ...I didnt even have room for my hand

My hoop coop has to get me through one more winter .... as the nicer coop is still under construction - at least the roof is on so the birds will have a snow free place to play during the winter.

3 adult guineas like to fly up there (old hoop coop) at night before going inside to roost - and scream before bedtime. Well, that's ok - I live in the country - BUT their nails dig into my tarp - therefore the inside now gets a light shower ....

somad.gif

Have to figure out a way to keep them getting up there - as I can't afford to buy tarps each week let alone the time to to put them up ... takes me a few hours as I have a 3 tarp set up for my coop ... BLAH !

But I only had 4 ticks on 2 dogs and 2 humans all this year ! and the word around my place is also all about heavy tick numbers.

I also do have a problem with the female guinea - she will just buckwheat/scream non-stop a few times a day ... and she is NOT alerting to any immediate danger.

Mine do not go into the road, but like someone else said - mine were brooded with chickens - and they are fully a part of my flock ... the chickens have no interest in being near cars.

I had a scare last night ...Kind of my own fault .
I changed the babies dog cage location ...off the back deck where they have been ....put it in the baby coop ..
I went out to rake more leaves from the neighbors...came back at dark ..couldnt find one of my four ..babies .
2 were on the deck shelf 1 was on the table .
checked everywhere I could think it could be ..put the three away ...Continued to look for it ..
I started Making baby sounds ..it answered me ...
It was in this cubby on top of the little frig ( a space about 3 inches high ..
It was so close it couldnt even stand up ...
I had to stick a board in there to get it out ...I didnt even have room for my hand
glad to hear you found her safe ..i no they can really make us freak out a little when they do stuff like that ..i was cleaning the coop of old straw one day and thought i had burried vone of my girls under a bail of straw ..i went nutts looking for her under it ..i noticed her standing there watching me , while i ran my arms threw the the straw ..she must of thought i was nutts ..

Back
Top Bottom