NY chicken lover!!!!

So I spend most of my time obsessing over the chickens safety ...
Not my Cats ..
Something attacked him Sunday night ...When I went to let him in he was walking on three good legs ..
The 4th foot was bent back ...I thought his ankle was broke ..
He had a big gash at the top of the same leg ..
Took him to the vet ...he said it wasnt broke it was nerve damage from the shoulder / leg .
Today was the first day he has been out ...I made him go out for some vit D .
he is on pain killer & antibiotic ...His foot has straightened out ...but he is still limping

He is sleeping in the car back from the vet on Monday
Then he hid in the closet ...one of his Fav places

You can see the gash at the top of his left leg

the 3 months sure can fly .
We bought one of those ready made tents ..
And were putting it up today..
Robin and Nutmeg

Its funny Nutmeg cheated she flew up from one of those saw horse things ...
Robin saw her up there and flew from the ground ...that is 5 - 6 foot up

Not my Cats ..
Something attacked him Sunday night ...When I went to let him in he was walking on three good legs ..
Took him to the vet ...he said it wasnt broke it was nerve damage from the shoulder / leg .
he is on pain killer & antibiotic ...His foot has straightened out ...but he is still limping

Robin and Nutmeg

Sorry to here about your cat. Hopefully he is doing well...I always worry about our 2. They love to go out at night hunting - we have owls galore here, not to mention things like coyote etc.
fl.gif

Not my Cats ..

Robin and Nutmeg

I am sorry about your cat. I do want to get a hunter but afraid they'll get hurt. I've got moles digging up the yard and don't know how to deal with them. A good hunter would deal with them asap.

.His foot has straightened out ...but he is still limping...he is getting a little better each day..he followed me down celllar 20 steps the other night

I am sorry about your cat. I do want to get a hunter but afraid they'll get hurt. I've got moles digging up the yard and don't know how to deal with them. A good hunter would deal with them asap.
Sorry to here about your cat. Hopefully he is doing well...I always worry about our 2. They love to go out at night hunting - we have owls galore here, not to mention things like coyote etc.
fl.gif
He did ...go out at night ....lots of time I would see him on top of the car ..like he was waiting for something to come through .
I saw a coon in the yard the next night ...could have been him or the opossum I see occasionally...

Last edited:
So I spend most of my time obsessing over the chickens safety ... Not my Cats .. Something attacked him Sunday night ...When I went to let him in he was walking on three good legs .. The 4th foot was bent back ...I thought his ankle was broke .. He had a big gash at the top of the same leg .. Took him to the vet ...he said it wasnt broke it was nerve damage from the shoulder / leg . Today was the first day he has been out ...I made him go out for some vit D . he is on pain killer & antibiotic ...His foot has straightened out ...but he is still limping He is sleeping in the car back from the vet on Monday Then he hid in the closet ...one of his Fav places You can see the gash at the top of his left leg the 3 months sure can fly . We bought one of those ready made tents .. And were putting it up today.. Robin and Nutmeg Its funny Nutmeg cheated she flew up from one of those saw horse things ... Robin saw her up there and flew from the ground ...that is 5 - 6 foot up
Sorry about your kitty :hugs I hope he's feeling better soon. My 16 year old cat keeps giving me scares. Had to take her to the vet for fluids a few weeks ago, but she's now doing better.

Not very many but not bad for a first attempt at growing sweet potatoes. Started my own slips from a store bought tater. Planted rather late. Was hoping to keep it going longer but forgot to cover it a couple nights ago and it got froze, was a big and bushy plant. Definitely going to try them again next yr. Probably order some slips for the north from Sand Hill Preservation Center.
Yup, we can grow sweet potatoes in NY.

Hes a old guy too ..12 years old in april
I think I will have to take him on monday ...it seems to be swelling up ..I tried lancing it ..it didnt work out well .
Vet said it may pop by itself ..it may ...
the Vet is out for the weekend

Not very many but not bad for a first attempt at growing sweet potatoes. Started my own slips from a store bought tater. Planted rather late. Was hoping to keep it going longer but forgot to cover it a couple nights ago and it got froze, was a big and bushy plant. Definitely going to try them again next yr. Probably order some slips for the north from Sand Hill Preservation Center.
Yup, we can grow sweet potatoes in NY.

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom