NY chicken lover!!!!

We are going with EEs. I am sure I will have a ton of questions when they get here.
EEs are nice ..you get mixes of colors in the hens and different colored eggs
. My husband and I are in the middle of building a coop right now
barnie.gif
. We should be done within a week. We are going shopping this weekend for everything we need for a brooder until they can go out into the coop.
No need to hurry ...on the coop ...they will need to be inside for a couple months ..depending when they hatch out .
With our first chickens we built the coop when it got close to the time for them to go out in it ..
A tenny Tiny Thing ...Now it is our hen house

This how our coop has changed in the last 5 years
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/our-chicken-coop-gors-through-changes

No need to hurry ...on the coop ...they will need to be inside for a couple months ..depending when they hatch out .
With our first chickens we built the coop when it got close to the time for them to go out in it ..
A tenny Tiny Thing ...Now it is our hen house

This how our coop has changed in the last 5 years
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/our-chicken-coop-gors-through-changes
Great coop! We aren't exactly rushing, but the coop is taking up "his" garage. And just having it done and not having to worry about it will be nice. Plus he wants to put a bunch of fancy things on it (i.e. solar power) Its already super fancy. We call it the Taj Mahal of coops lol. I will post pics when it is done
wee.gif

Great coop! We aren't exactly rushing, but the coop is taking up "his" garage. And just having it done and not having to worry about it will be nice. Plus he wants to put a bunch of fancy things on it (i.e. solar power) Its already super fancy. We call it the Taj Mahal of coops lol. I will post pics when it is done
wee.gif
I am Curious ..Solar Power For What ?

A quick update: We candled last night and we have NINE embryos! Out of the rest, we have 2 "maybes," and 2 blood rings. The "maybes" are very difficult to see into, so I just can't tell if they are clear or not. Leaving just in case. I am very excited!

Thanks. My Pet Chicken has a 15 order minimum so that's out
sad.png
. I will check with TSC early on when they first get them. Maybe I can rescue them in time before people get their grubby paws on them
tongue.png

Are you sure about that minimum order? I just ran my zip and they quoted me 6 bantams; 4 large or 5 mixed
hu.gif
I have ordered a min of 6 from them before.

Are you sure about that minimum order? I just ran my zip and they quoted me 6 bantams; 4 large or 5 mixed :confused: I have ordered a min of 6 from them before.

They require you order 15 December through March, or rather, Meyer does, and since MPC dropships from Meyer they gotta play by their rules, lol.

Unrelated note, would anyone like a very pretty OE cockerel? Not aggressive, looks just like his father only not frizzled.

Back
Top Bottom