NY chicken lover!!!!

I thought I was doing pretty well (even getting my belly rubbed from time to time) and, now my home office has been partially taken over by a half dozen little Silkie / Frizzle chicks! I guess I know where I stand now!
rant.gif

Hi all,

Birdies, I'm just south of Rochester (Rush). Grew up in Greece, went to UR, and lived in the 19th ward during college and for years after too. Which town/neighborhood are you in?

I'm just logging in to grump about the weather. I have the framework of my chicken run built, the utility fence on the roof and partway around the sides. Getting the rest of it covered should be the work of an afternoon, but I can't even get a few minutes of clear weather to run out, detach the door, and bring it in to work on it in the basement. So so so sick of rain and gloomy skies. If anyone in this state sees the sun, please point it in the direction of Rochester, please. I can handle the cold, I can even--God help me--cope with the snow, but there isn't enough bottled vitamin D in the world to get a person through a Rochester winter.

--CT

Quote:
Snowing here too. I hate snow.

Jessie escaped from the coop when I went in to put in food and water. He can stay out, for all I care. I am NOT going outside again until morning. Hope he's still alive.

Quote:
Snowing here too. I hate snow.

Jessie escaped from the coop when I went in to put in food and water. He can stay out, for all I care. I am NOT going outside again until morning. Hope he's still alive.

Snow is sticking here. Cars are covered and green grass is half gone under that warm blanket of snow. (Trying to psych myself up about mountains of snow and climbing up on the roof to shovel it off.)

Chickens are wandering around off and on -got a few pics of baby chicks in the snow for the peeps in the 'my chickens are too cold because it went below 50' threads.
tongue.png
Sticking a bit now. Only got 14 eggs so far today, so they are definitely spooked.
smile.png

Rainy and cold here in Syr. Just had DW's snows put on her car today. Earlier than last year.

Chickens have covered run with the exception of the hoop coop which is open on the front and a door open on the back. Just covered with hardware cloth. Will run out and put plastic on the back door today and hopefully cover the front and the run tomorrow.

Have five new chicks in the brooder in the office but they will be moved to the unheated back room on the week end. A 250 watt heat light should be enough. I do have cleaning to do from the last bunch. I hadn't planned chicks but chickens are chickens. Such is life.

You can see pics on the Show Us your Delawares posting.

Take care and stay warm,

Rancher

No eggs here for two days either! Then again, the girls aren't happy in the tractor.

It's sticking here now, too.

I can't believe we just moved to a place where there's sticking snow in October. lol.

Back
Top Bottom