NY chicken lover!!!!

Evening all. Well the rain/sleet crap that has decided to appear has put a damper on cleaning today. I will be doing it tomorrow no matter what though. Got to get it done. Had a nice chat with the young man at the feed store. I have known him since before he was born. He has farming in his blood. Started out with 8 chickens and is now up to 25. He is expanding his operation, leasing a coop and ordering more chickens. He is selling lots of eggs. I think its great that he is really getting into this at 19 years of age.

Metella--how well do your plum trees do in acidic soil? Ours soil here is very rocky, clay and acidic.

Quote:
Wheels would make it easier ...you are always moving those coops around ...
Mine is too big now ..our 1st one could be moved ..but it is now inside the newer one .

see the little coop on the right side ...its the hen house now ...TTs in there

Cute Little TT did something funny today ...
I have been giving her a little treat in the nest box ..

I left it in there & did other chicken things ...I open the back up ...
NO DISH ? it is sort of egg colored ? She had tucked it under her with the eggs ... still with food in it ..
wink.png

Last edited:
Stony that is so awesome you definitely ROCK and your band sounds super awesome!!!!

Jlaw good luck with the house. I wish I could offer some advice but I know nothing of which you speak of. But I have soldered before and yes it does have to be super clean. I took a class in school on welding and blacksmithing and soldering it so much fun and a great experience.

Lynzi omg I love chicken TV Unfortuntely with my schedule I don't get to see them do much I let them out and go to work then come home and lock em up. Even on my days off I'm usually doing some side jobs usually for trade not money. Now with my photography business starting and a second dog and cat grooming business starting I won't have much time to see them active during the day. Oh and I totally shared the cartoon everywhere LOL that is so true with my girls. There should be an app with a shaky hand thing

Rancher mmmmm I was thinking about making a hybrid rosecomb but then when looking at my chickens I have a leghorn roo and a leghorn and other large comb hybrids and only my roo got frostbite it's so weird. But your right my next roo is going to be a rose comb or pea comb.

Luv yeah my girls were out and about but again I'm never home anymore to see them my son is he takes videos for me every now and again.

Well I figured a Rosecomb RIR crossed to my Del hens would give me sex link chicks and perhaps I can get some rosecombs. The frostbite isn't to bad and surprisingly the one in the large hoop getst it the least.

Of course the EE's and all that are okay. I'm going to start checking for fertility of the Araucana roo. He's with some EE girls and the CR's and the RIR. One of them laid an egg yesterday. An EE has been laying for a while now.

Wheels would make it easier ...you are always moving those coops around ... Mine is too big now ..our 1st one could be moved ..but it is now inside the newer one . see the little coop on the right side ...its the hen house now ...TTs in there Cute Little TT did something funny today ... I have been giving her a little treat in the nest box .. Cute :) I left it in there & did other chicken things ...I open the back up ... NO DISH ? it is sort of egg colored ? She had tucked it under her with the eggs ... still with food in it ..;)

Back
Top Bottom