NY chicken lover!!!!

What a nice BBQ! Was great to see everyone who came and Chris's birds. There are a lot of beautiful feathered beings there. The children were frolicking pleasantly, very lovely. We got home before any rain got in the open windows. Our little flock was harvesting the bugs the rain has brought out. DH seemed concerned that I would aspire to a larger flock, we'll just let him think about that for a while.

Rancher, I am just imagining how much the chickens would enjoy sharing winter quarters with goats and sheep...it would probably be lovely to pick out a lovely fluffy warm sheep to roost on cover the toes nestle down in their fleece...perhaps as a courtesy the chickens would consent to wear diapers...

The rain ended around Little York on my drive home. Dry roads and less cloudy. Got to see a few fireworks from 81 too, after the Jets green & white scrimmage last night ( where hubby was). Little girl stayed awake all the way, but when got home she was ready for bed.
Thanks again Chris & Danielle for having us, always nice visiting with fellow chicken lovers and having the kid worn out lol.

That certainly was a nice get together last night! Nice seeing everyone one last time before we head out on Thursday. Glad I got see my peeps too of course.
wink.png
It's so hard to wake up every morning and not anything to go outside to. After we get moved and settled and the kids are all set for school, registered, physicals done, etc, I can see myself devoting the rest of my summer to getting my birds down there. Even if they do end up being down the road, it's better than not having them down there at all. I wonder if I'd be able to "rent/lease" a piece of a farm's land close by. I often see ads on CL for people looking for land to lease for hunting or housing their animals on, I wonder how successful they are in finding someone who will lease to them. Maybe I'll try editing my ad that way.

Thanks for coming out. We were happy to see everyone. All the kids seemed like they had a blast. Luckily the rain held off long enough. We had some non chicken friends that stayed through the rain and powered on till after midnight. I'm tired this morning :) Thanks for the great compliments on our birds. We're glad you liked them.
Sorry you couldn't make it Rancher but we completely understand.

The LF cochins, ducks and geese are out enjoying the all the critters the rain brought out.

Hey guys, I moved out of my mother In laws house, we are on a farm now and have no internet. Everyone is doing good, today the landlords dog brought a live and unharmed turkey hatchling. He took us to the nest and we found one live and three dead babies. They are tame turkeys, the hen came from a neighbors house and pretty sure the coyotes got her. How different is raising turkey's from chicks? Would a broody hen from my flock be likely to take them in?

Hey guys, I moved out of my mother In laws house, we are on a farm now and have no internet. Everyone is doing good, today the landlords dog brought a live and unharmed turkey hatchling. He took us to the nest and we found one live and three dead babies. They are tame turkeys, the hen came from a neighbors house and pretty sure the coyotes got her. How different is raising turkey's from chicks? Would a broody hen from my flock be likely to take them in?

Might worth a try why let them suffer without trying to help

Last edited:
Breella ! Glad to hear from you !!!

Missed you at Chickenstock & was wondering about how you were.

Sounds like you are busy. Good luck with the little turkeys ... I've not had any yet.

My wife has to send Yellow beans down to TX because my daughter can't get them there. Apparently they haves saurkruat for it by not the yellow beans to make the Kapusta.
I used to eat a small amount at Christmas out of respect for my in-laws. Since they're gone I don't eat it anymore.
lol.png
highfive.gif
Sounds good, I'm not crazy about kraut either!

Thanks for coming out. We were happy to see everyone. All the kids seemed like they had a blast. Luckily the rain held off long enough. We had some non chicken friends that stayed through the rain and powered on till after midnight. I'm tired this morning :) Thanks for the great compliments on our birds. We're glad you liked them.
Sorry you couldn't make it Rancher but we completely understand.

The LF cochins, ducks and geese are out enjoying the all the critters the rain brought out.
We had a great time...Especially the kids...The whole way home they kept asking when we can go back. I told them that the other kids wouldn't be there...Maddy said that was fine they could just go and play in the creek. I told her that I wasn't going to ask to come over just so they could play in the creek. I'm glad that I decided to bring their bag with clothes. I wish I would have brought my camera to take a picture of DS after he "fell in" I really think that he just laid down...DH doesn't want me to come back, he is afraid that I'll bring something home with me..He knows me too well. I really want one of the frizzle chicks!

We had a great time...Especially the kids...The whole way home they kept asking when we can go back. I told them that the other kids wouldn't be there...Maddy said that was fine they could just go and play in the creek. I told her that I wasn't going to ask to come over just so they could play in the creek. I'm glad that I decided to bring their bag with clothes. I wish I would have brought my camera to take a picture of DS after he "fell in" I really think that he just laid down...DH doesn't want me to come back, he is afraid that I'll bring something home with me..He knows me too well. I really want one of the frizzle chicks!

Oh just start bringing stuff home, with the amount you have now he wouldn't even notice! Lol

Back
Top Bottom