NY chicken lover!!!!

I hope you happy hatching success!!!  We did that when my blue isbar roosters got killed. I found a stash of my blue isbar's eggs and put them in the incubator.  There were 12 eggs and all of them hatched!  They are about four months old now.   I miss Dan and Will Wheaton every day.  They were my yard patrol.

It is a long shot (got them out of the fridge) but hopefully I will get lucky, she was my last bantam

Hello! We must be neighbors. I live outside Van Etten headed towards Odessa. I just ordered my first ever chicks today. 3 easter eggers, 3 Partridge Rocks, 3 Anconas, 3 leghorns. Glad there's somebody local here. I am brand new to this. We just bought a little farm last fall. We have a coop but need to get supplies.

So happy that you got that taken care of. You have to feel incredibly relieved. Glad your hubby is a great shot too ! I have never seen a weasel or a white one...and hope never too!

Weasels turn white in winter - when they are called ermine. Ermine fur used to be used to trim royalty cloaks, gowns etc. I hope I never see one - white or otherwise!
hmm.png

So - here's a question for everyone. I have 2 roosters, one is very active outside guarding the girls etc. The other stays mainly in the barn, looking after the ladies there. George - the barn rooster, has taken to cackling like a hen when an egg is laid! Is this normal? is he cheerleading? is he transgender?
tongue.png
I don't know too much about roosters, they have never survived long here....
idunno.gif

Hello! We must be neighbors. I live outside Van Etten headed towards Odessa. I just ordered my first ever chicks today. 3 easter eggers, 3 Partridge Rocks, 3 Anconas, 3 leghorns. Glad there's somebody local here. I am brand new to this. We just bought a little farm last fall. We have a coop but need to get supplies.

Hi there & welcome!
frow.gif
There are a few of us nearby - Phoredabirds, Chicken Girl 15 & Sweetpea. I'm in Middlesex so not too far. Enjoy the site. There's a ton of info. on the learning center tab and if you can't find it there, ask away! People are always ready to help out - just remember, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another...
smile.png

Hello! We must be neighbors. I live outside Van Etten headed towards Odessa. I just ordered my first ever chicks today. 3 easter eggers, 3 Partridge Rocks, 3 Anconas, 3 leghorns. Glad there's somebody local here. I am brand new to this. We just bought a little farm last fall. We have a coop but need to get supplies.

Van Etten is about 40 minutes away from me I think. Welcome! This site is great for beginners like me and everyone is so helpful :)

Boskelli, I have had roosters sing the egg song with the girls. It may be cheerleading, or support. Mine were never remiss in their other duties. Right now we have 3. Earl is the mature fella, father to many, and Junior really resembles him in looks and temperament, both are Speckled Sussex. Junior seems to be supportive, and is always last out of the coop in the morning, a duty he took over from Earl. One day he was encouraging the youngest pullet to lay her egg in a different nest box than she usually did. That lasted one day. But then there is Rascal. He is not a team player, he jumps the girls and Earl has to discipline him and protect the girls, he has to be watched at all times. Poor Earl.

Back
Top Bottom