NY chicken lover!!!!

Well the consensus is frozen and not are the same. There is not attraction of water in a plastic bag I don't believe.

Welocme Mrs.

Pyxis, could your birds fly? If so they may be gone or off exploring. I didn't get, whatever those ugly ducks are, because they can fly.

Last evening I found my EE/marans cross in the nest box broody. I really want to give her eggs but I won't be here when she delivers. I put her in with the Marans but I'm not sure she broke as she went right back in with the Delawares.

Now for those chicks someone mentioned? My Delawares will do fine with younger birds BUT that means I have to switch the entire coop to non medicated grower. The grower I use is more $$ than the Egg Producer I use, and it's quite while before I can get them all back on layers.

Point? It might be okay to put the youngsters in with the older birds but you will have to switch everyone to grower. AND you may need to watch for soft shelled eggs.

Last edited:
Does anyone here know if Country Boy is still around and if so - is he still working with LF Cochins ? I know someone in VT who like to purchase some FL C ....

Thanks all.

Well the planning board meeting went well. They are submitting an ordinance to allow chickens to the town board for review! Then there will be a public hearing at the next board meeting. The ordinance allows 6 hens, no roosters, and has other guidelines. I was hoping to get a roo and use the no crow collar but I don't know now. So overall I'm happy!

Well the planning board meeting went well. They are submitting an ordinance to allow chickens to the town board for review! Then there will be a public hearing at the next board meeting. The ordinance allows 6 hens, no roosters, and has other guidelines. I was hoping to get a roo and use the no crow collar but I don't know now. So overall I'm happy!

Sounds like Progress

Friday I went with Nikky to get Organic feed ..50 pounds _ $ 22..00
Their Layer was 20 % protein ..they add Fish meal if you dont want Soy ..or they have feed with Soy
The Feed is a darker brown
in Penn Yann New York ...they started out as Organic for themselves ...then others ..
When Agway went out of Business ..they bought the mill ..
I am going to try to get someone locally to sell their feed ....So we dont have to drive so far ..

Hello all- Hope your all are doing well. Sorry I have been absent but it has been finals week and today will be the last two for the semester...then grading grading grading!

Who is it on here that raises Pavlovskaya? Do your roosters crow? I have yet to see mine crow or even figure out which ones are roosters...they are more androgynous than my silkies. I am raising two groups of white that I bought from GFF. They are the most beautiful bird that I have ever seen and sweet also.

Someone tell this rain to go away...My yard is starting to look like a mosh pit.

Cheers! Christina

Hello all- Hope your all are doing well. Sorry I have been absent but it has been finals week and today will be the last two for the semester...then grading grading grading!

Who is it on here that raises Pavlovskaya? Do your roosters crow? I have yet to see mine crow or even figure out which ones are roosters...they are more androgynous than my silkies. I am raising two groups of white that I bought from GFF. They are the most beautiful bird that I have ever seen and sweet also.

Someone tell this rain to go away...My yard is starting to look like a mosh pit.

Cheers! Christina
I'm raising Pavlovskaya. My one gold that looks like a roo started squeeking/mock crowing yesterday. The one white I have is confusing. He/she puffed up his/her hackles but ran away immediately, so wasn't really challenging anyone. I thought I had the 4 golds figured out, but now I'm not sure. They're 9.5 weeks old and one has clear rooster markings - feather color, waddles, comb. The other three are mostly black, but these combs are so much trickier than straight combs. Mostly, I'm not really going to be able to help with your whites. They are beautiful and mysterious. Haha.

I have 2 pav's coming from GFF. Not even sure what color yet. I was thinking of not keeping them but you guys seem to really like them. If they are a sweet bird my sons may want to keep them, still not sure though. What is it you like about the breed?

Back
Top Bottom