NY chicken lover!!!!

I like m&w . They are inexpensive and knowledgeable, not just some kid working an after school job. I have to say my flock LOVES the grower mash and it's cheap compared to blue seal. As long as the chunk butt chickens stay healthy and shiny we will stay with local feed.

I might consider a mill if they weren't so far away. TSC is close but I go to Country max for layer since it's got more protein. Generally I get grower at TSC and anything else.

I will say this. TSC has flannel shirts that I like. I've tried Walmart which is right across the street and other stores, but TSC Blue Lake don't shrink and fit better. The only thing I'd like is a bigger pocket for my phone. If I put it in my pants pocket it will get damaged with all the other stuff in my pants pocket. I'm also less apt to hear it at my age. I do put it on vibrate but sometimes I shiver.
lol.png

None is made in the USA. I've checked. Even Herb what's his name doesn't have American made flannel .

I was lucky to have a great hatch and more in the bator and more to set I purchased hatching eggs (all pure breeds) from NPIP sources I have over 17 different breeds and colors I can't keep them all pm if you are looking to get chicks...? I can lyk what I have or may have hatching the next few weeks these are to start my new BY flock and will be inside until they are ready for their coop. Some auto sexing some would be straight runs. I'm in upstate NY Saratoga area. I would like them to go to good homes w/ chicken ppl and I have picks of parents from the breeders. Local pick-up meet would be easier I don't want to ship them. Thanks

I was lucky to have a great hatch and more in the bator and more to set I purchased hatching eggs (all pure breeds) from NPIP sources I have over 17 different breeds and colors I can't keep them all pm if you are looking to get chicks...? I can lyk what I have or may have hatching the next few weeks these are to start my new BY flock and will be inside until they are ready for their coop. Some auto sexing some would be straight runs. I'm in upstate NY Saratoga area. I would like them to go to good homes w/ chicken ppl and I have picks of parents from the breeders. Local pick-up meet would be easier I don't want to ship them. Thanks

What breeds will you have? I'm in your area and might be interested :)

Depending on the breed I might be interested also.
smile.png

Yeah it's pretty much buy three bags get the fourth free compared to TSC if you get M&W mash.
I was buying TSC for quite awhile, because we were broke and have a TSC card. Continued to get TSC, then my brother mentioned how much cheaper M&W was so I've been getting it there since summer. It had been yrs since I got feed there, still the same friendly people working there.
We get the pellets seeing how our chickens don't have any manners (LOL). They throw the mash on the floor and don't eat it but when the pellets are on the floor they gobble it right up.

Just wanted to share some pictures of my gorgeous new Ayam Cemani roo. He's a stunner. Gotta come up with a good Halloween type name for him.

The sheen on these guys is so gorgeous.

Hi everyone! Just browsed the thread and would love a little advise.... I typically don't hatch any later then Sept, and that's ideally under a broody. This year I ordered some Silkie eggs off eBay for my final hatch. Unfortunately the breeder had a little oopsy and half the chicks turned out to be mixes. He was a real stand up guy and offered to replace or refund me for the eggs. Of course I wanted more eggs!!......but know I'm thinking these poor little duffers aren't ever going to be able to go outside. It's going to be the first week of November when they hatch. Does anyone else in Upstate NY hatch this time of year? How do you keep them? I love having chicks around, but most my existing flock are bantam Cochins. They spoil me by doing all the work most the time.....

I have a broody! I've been testing the little Mama out this week with some golf balls and she's serious. I've moved her into a rabbit hutch in the coop and just wondering what you guys think? You guys think she'll be able to finish up the incubation process and keep these little chickies warm........although it did snow yesterday
2639.png

Pic of her little setup. I'd confine her and the chicks for the first couple weeks, then I let the chicks be raised in the flock.

And a picture of the flock getting some treats this morning. In the back you can see my last hatch with their Mama. She still prefers to sleep with them in a dog igloo in their yard. Crazy girl! It's gotta get pretty chilly in there!

Back
Top Bottom