NY chicken lover!!!!

My hatching plans completely changed too. I just bid on an auction for Cayuga Duck eggs. I found a Facebook page that has quick auctions.
I'm tempted to buy a new incubator.

Oh dear, you should(n't) tell me that page ;) There were some ducks in the 24 hr auction recently. I'm eyeing some EE's.
I have EE's and have OE's too. I'm looking for a couple of Amers to toss in the mix. Or a new Amer roo. Point being if you weren't that far away and I have eggs you could come and get some. Last year I gave away some chicks. Two were Lavender.

I'm tempted to buy a new incubator. 

I have EE's and have OE's too. I'm looking for a couple of Amers to toss in the mix. Or a new Amer roo. Point being if you weren't that far away and I have eggs you could come and get some. Last year I gave away some chicks. Two were Lavender. 

Rancher, I'll have to consider a new incubator too. I'm going to be setting some pure Lavender ameraucana and will let you know how they do.

The 24 hour auction is in the hatching eggs section of the buy sell trade forum here on byc.

Lapeerian, if you're at chickenstock I can bring you some EE or OE chicks.

Stay away from the page. It is trouble. Beautiful rare breed birds from around the country. Cayugas have been my dream duck and quality is hard to find. If I win that auction I'll have to add a LOT to my budget to get everything set up.
Speaking of my crazy- I think now is a good time to run away from my electronic devices for the day. I have some dirt that needs tending and sowing.
Be well, all.
Gil Sumaya-Schultz has some cayugas that will be up for auction on the 1st at the facebook rare chicken swap page. They look pretty awesome and caught my eye.

in other news one of my little BCM hens just laid her first egg. Super small and cuteeeee. Photo next to a regular egg for comparison

Nice! I'm looking to get BLRW from someone else to improve my line but the one place I found wants $75/doz for hatching eggs.
hmm.png

I'm getting BLRW chicks from someone in the Hudson Valley who is asking $10 a chick. He has the Foley line and they look pretty good. Want me to pick up some extra for you?

Back
Top Bottom